WANTED: Talon R LR upper control arm. Need ASAP!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Anybody have a spare or takeoff Talon R left rear upper control arm they want to part with? I bent mine at the races yesterday and need one before next week's race to stay in the points chase.
20210306 181014

@SuperATV.... You guys willing to sell me just the rear uppers from your high clearance kit? Racer discount? I have lots of room on those doors for big SATV stickers! 😁

Post up here or PM me if any of you guys have something I can use.

Thanks!!

Pics of the car because who doesn't like racecars? Lol

20210306 162944

Resized 20210306 1021532 457867032126742

Last edited:
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
You might want to check with one of the long travel kit companies and see if they have a takeoff laying around....

How did your first day of racing go? I have been interested to hear how your racing goes for you!!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
You might want to check with one of the long travel kit companies and see if they have a takeoff laying around....

How did your first day of racing go? I have been interested to hear how your racing goes for you!!

First race of the season went well. In the Vet N/A class first heat I got the holeshot and led 3.75 of 4 laps. Unfortunately I caught the back of the Vet turbo class and got blocked by the moron running last. That allowed the guy in 2nd to get by me in the last turn...... I wasn't happy about that. 🤬

Second heat I got out of the gate in 2nd place and was gaining on the leader until we hit a "water/mud hazard" that wasn't there the previous race. Myself and the guy in 1st hit it and slid off the track and got tangled with each other. A couple more cars piled into us, bending my LR but untangled me from the mess. I whipped the car around and came out 2nd to last out of 14 cars on track and drove it to 5th place before I ran out of laps. Even with the LR bent the car was still bad fast and I passed a bunch of them. Those guys in the Vet class already don't like me and are wondering where I came from. 😁

Also..... I'm the only Honda in that class. Everyone else is running built Yamahas and there was one Polaris RS-1. Those cars have nothing for my stock motored Talon and Double E Racing shock package. This Talon is 100% the most fun and best handling thing I have ever driven. I can't wait to get back out there!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
First race of the season went well. In the Vet N/A class first heat I got the holeshot and led 3.75 of 4 laps. Unfortunately I caught the back of the Vet turbo class and got blocked by the moron running last. That allowed the guy in 2nd to get by me in the last turn...... I wasn't happy about that. 🤬

Second heat I got out of the gate in 2nd place and was gaining on the leader until we hit a "water/mud hazard" that wasn't there the previous race. Myself and the guy in 1st hit it and slid off the track and got tangled with each other. A couple more cars piled into us, bending my LR but untangled me from the mess. I whipped the car around and came out 2nd to last out of 14 cars on track and drove it to 5th place before I ran out of laps. Even with the LR bent the car was still bad fast and I passed a bunch of them. Those guys in the Vet class already don't like me.

Also..... I'm the only Honda in that class. Everyone else is running built Yamahas and there was one Polaris RS-1. Those cars have nothing for my stock motored Talon and Double E Racing shock package. This Talon is 100% the most fun thing I have ever driven. I can't wait to get back out there!!!!!!
That is great to hear! Hope you get it back on the track! It will be fun to hear how you do throughout the year. I would really like to come down on a race weekend and check it out. Are there good local trails that I could ride on the other days that the races aren't going on?

Reactions: Smitty335
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
That is great to hear! Hope you get it back on the track! It will be fun to hear how you do throughout the year. I would really like to come down on a race weekend and check it out. Are there good local trails that I could ride on the other days that the races aren't going on?
Yes. They have a 16 mile trail loop that is still open when the races are happening. Texplex is an absolutely amazing place to ride.

Reactions: Smitty335
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Problem solved!!

Contacted Raceco this morning and he is shipping me a replacement lower radius rod free of charge!!! Never expected a free one in a million years, not his fault I got hit..... I can't thank Jamie and the team @RaceCoUSA enough for the hookup!

As far as the bent rear upper arm..... I bit the bullet and ordered a set of J-Sport SxS replacements. I called to confirm stock and was told they will ship today. Wasn't cheap but will get me back out on the track for Saturday so it's worth it to me.

I guess @SuperATV isn't interested in selling me anything. Never got a reply in this thread or to the PM I sent. Meh.......

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Problem solved!!

Contacted Raceco this morning and he is shipping me a replacement lower radius rod free of charge!!! Never expected a free one in a million years, not his fault I got hit..... I can't thank Jamie and the team @RaceCoUSA enough for the hookup!

As far as the bent rear upper arm..... I bit the bullet and ordered a set of J-Sport SxS replacements. I called to confirm stock and was told they will ship today. Wasn't cheap but will get me back out on the track for Saturday so it's worth it to me.

I guess @SuperATV isn't interested in selling me anything. Never got a reply in this thread or to the PM I sent. Meh.......
You gotta give me a sec dude! Lol! Its only Monday! 🤣🤣🤣

H

HondaTech

Problem solved!!

Go get 'em brother!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!