P1000 Warn Axon 45S on a P1K with stock bumper?

T

twsagslrs

Mar 9, 2019
Ennice
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have this winch on my 1000LE factory bumper and it fits with the warn mounting plate. It is hidden and you can’t see it but it is a bada** looking winch. Wish I could tell you how well it works but I haven’t had to use it yet. I will be in NW Arkansas in 2 weeks and I plan on trying it out.
Do u have a part number for the mount u used? Is it a strait pull?

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed a Axon 45 on a stock bumper. It was a not easy. I used the proper Warn mount
SXS Winch Mount for Honda Pioneer 1000 . The mounting holes were slightly off and was very difficult to remount on the machine. Let me be clear it was difficult. My mount provided a straight pull.

Reactions: sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just installed a Axon 45 on a stock bumper. It was a not easy. I used the proper Warn mount
SXS Winch Mount for Honda Pioneer 1000 . The mounting holes were slightly off and was very difficult to remount on the machine. Let me be clear it was difficult. My mount provided a straight pull.
Yeah, but what a sweet winch....

Shooter63

Shooter63

Shooter 63
Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2019
Longview
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I didn’t have any issues mounting mine. It was a pain getting the bumper back on by myself because it was heavy

T

thirdparty

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing. Can you give us all some details of the difficulties you ran into?

Just want to know so I can avoid it or at least plan around the problems.

Thanks!

Last edited:
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing. Can you give us all some details of the difficulties you ran into?

Just want to know so I can avoid it at least plan around the problems.

Thanks!
You have to trim the side of the bash plate to get it to fit. It's fairly easy to do. Also the winch mounts upside down.

Reactions: Koda
Fro

Fro

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ardmore
I tossed my stock bumper and mounted mine on a Tough Country bumper for two reasons.
1. I hated trying to reach around the back of the stock bumper to reach the clutch on the winch. And
2. This winch looks to sweet to hide.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks!

I had to bend the fairlead mounting tabs a bit to allow the mount to line up with all the holes

T

thirdparty

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Thanks!
You have to trim the side of the bash plate to get it to fit. It's fairly easy to do. Also the winch mounts upside down.

Is everyone mounting the AXON 45 upside down? I can't find any instructions from Warn on the mounting plate for how it installs.

advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is everyone mounting the AXON 45 upside down? I can't find any instructions from Warn on the mounting plate for how it installs.
I messed with it for a while, then i called warn and they were the ones that told me that its supposed to be mounted upside down

K

Kylejayhawk

Oct 27, 2019
Siloam Springs, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any new reports on Warn Axon 45 on a stock bumper? I'm new to the forum, but following this thread to get some info. I just installed a VRX on my Foreman last week, and it seems the Axon winches are a lot easier, but I'm nervous about the upside down install and the possible plate trimming. Any help is appreciated!

Reactions: Jamen and sharp
Shooter63

Shooter63

Shooter 63
Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2019
Longview
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Any new reports on Warn Axon 45 on a stock bumper? I'm new to the forum, but following this thread to get some info. I just installed a VRX on my Foreman last week, and it seems the Axon winches are a lot easier, but I'm nervous about the upside down install and the possible plate trimming. Any help is appreciated!
I installed the warn 4500 axon on my P1000 and it works great. You will have to trim the driver side a little bit to get it to fit.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The wiring is easy. The plate has to be trimmed a tad on the edge to get the winch in. It doesn’t bother the winch at all mounted upside down. I can walk you through the install, if you get in a jam just ask. Or pm me your number

J

Jamen

Nov 27, 2019
Ogdensburg, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just bought a 2018 Pioneer 1000 limited leftover and just installed this winch on it. I used the warn factory winch plate. I also had to trim the drivers side lower bumper to make it easier to install. The main reason was no the side of the winch wasn’t touching the side of the bumper. Wiring was very easy though. I installed a Odyssey 2nd battery to wire all the extras to and a PRB switch plate for the switches.

E1AA367F D243 418B 845A 7F793CD51D87

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!