P1000m5 Wiring an Warn Axon

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hooking up my Warn Axon 45s and have a question regarding power hookup. My house battery is the OEM battery and I’ve got an Antigravity lithium battery for my auxiliary, connected by the True dual lithium system. I ran the rocket switch power to my Blue Seas fuse panel, which is run off of my lithium battery. Other than that, the only other cables needed for the Axon series is the power and the ground, which run direct to the power source. My question, more like confirmation request, is whether I should run the the winch off of my auxiliary battery. I assume that this is the proper way to run it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WagginTail
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hooking up my Warn Axon 45s and have a question regarding power hookup. My house battery is the OEM battery and I’ve got an Antigravity lithium battery for my auxiliary, connected by the True dual lithium system. I ran the rocket switch power to my Blue Seas fuse panel, which is run off of my lithium battery. Other than that, the only other cables needed for the Axon series is the power and the ground, which run direct to the power source. My question, more like confirmation request, is whether I should run the the winch off of my auxiliary battery. I assume that this is the proper way to run it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. Run it off the aux battery. That's how mine is

Reactions: Smitty335
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yep, off the aux battery. Your goal is to protect the starting battery when you have to use the winch 'hard'. I had to use my winch, trying to pull another guy out, before I had the aux battery installed and was afraid to turn the buggy off because I ran the winch so hard.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!