P1000 Honda Dome Light Wiring

H

HondaTech

Normally the Honda Dome Light has to be turned on and off with the button on the Dome Light.

Even if you wired it to a switch, the power resets and the switch on the light must still be pressed to turn it on.

Well if you cut the 2 pin plug off (fuse box end) there is another wire inside (i believe its yellow). If you use this wire instead of the red one with a switch, you can use your switch to turn the light off and on instead of the button on the light. Leave the red wire loose and not powered.

I used this to make the dome light and floorboard lights come on together with 1 switch. The button on the light will still work separately as well, if needed.

I found this out awhile ago while installing the Honda dome light in a fellow members's Pioneer and forgot to post it.

Last edited:
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Normally the Honda Dome Light has to be turned on and off with the button on the Dome Light.

Even if you wired it to a switch, the power resets and the switch on the light must still be pressed to turn it on.

Well if you cut the 2 pin plug off (fuse box end) there is another wire inside (i believe its yellow). If you use this wire instead of the red one with a switch, you can use your switch to turn the light off and on instead of the button on the light. Leave the red wire loose and not powered.

I used this to make the dome light and floorboard lights come on together with 1 switch. The button on the light will still work separately as well, if needed.

I found this out awhile ago while installing the Honda dome light in a fellow members's Pioneer and forgot to post it.
You've probably forgotten more than most people know. 🤔

Reactions: Rayger143
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
HondaTech wired up my Pioneer with a dome light, front floor light and rear bed lights, all LED and switched. Very meticulous install and extremely functional. I'm not into scabbing a bunch of amazon crap together. Lot's of light and very integrated within the machine. He also changed all my switches to the illuminated ones. Before, I fumbled around looking for switches or items in the dark. Now it's like being in my automobile or truck. Thankfully I reside in somewhat close proximity to Honda of Fairfield where HondaTech turns wrenches.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HondaTech wired up my Pioneer with a dome light, front floor light and rear bed lights, all LED and switched. Very meticulous install and extremely functional. I'm not into scabbing a bunch of amazon crap together. Lot's of light and very integrated within the machine. He also changed all my switches to the illuminated ones. Before, I fumbled around looking for switches or items in the dark. Now it's like being in my automobile or truck. Thankfully I reside in somewhat close proximity to Honda of Fairfield where HondaTech turns wrenches.
You should add that as a google review for the dealership.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!