P1000 Warn electric lift actuator for snowplow

P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After completing my new snowplow installation a few weeks ago I wasn’t to happy with using a 4500 lbs winch to raise and lower a 250 lbs plow! I have always thought that the winch is for “self recovery” or “recovering another vehicle”. Don’t like the fact that the cable is
wound back wherever it wants to go, over and over again with each raise and lower of the plow.
After a few emails to Warn Industries and some research I came up with the idea of adding an electric lift actuator to raise and lower the
plow. Definitely going to be less amperage draw on the battery. Warn Industries suggested the ProVantage Plow Lift part #84600 and this is a total kit with actuator, some mount brackets, wiring, switch and relays.
It’s made for ATV’s but I figured it could probably handle a plow on a SXS. Spec’s say it can lift 450lbs.
I had to build a bracket to mount the actuator to my push tubes on the plow. The kit comes with a spring that when the actuator is not lifting, but rather relaxed i.e. Plow on ground to plow, the spring kicks the actuator toward the plow and away from the bumper.
This should work on any of the Honda SXS! The red strap with Warn written on it is an adjustable strap, is hooked to the top portion of the bumper. This also allows the the plow to move up or down depending on the terrain surface that you are plowing. I mounted the control switch just above the control switch for my plow angle switch.
I ordered mine from E-Bay.

7E195C84 E885 40D5 A849 A8FEB6D37DE8 F0F2AAE0 590E 43EE 9199 A4B1320187D3 E1CAE846 9BD5 48E2 9D50 F3747D8B03CF 232D7E7A 744C 41D9 A5EC 73D7156DDD76 74310A47 5D9F 4F07 BD80 2EFA4C4F236E

P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A follow up to my original post. After using the electric actuator for plowing on several occasions, mainly helping plow the local football field for playoffs the electric actuator failed. Little by little as I raised the plow it would drift down until plow was back on ground. I would raise the plow as the actuator drifted back down but it would not hold.
I am guessing that I exceeded the “duty cycle” since I was using this set up continuously for hours at a time.

Reactions: Smitty335
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It looks like the same model that Moose slaps their sticker on. China be makin em by the millions. See if you can source something from USA, it’s likely to cost more but saving money isn’t always saving money.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!