P1000 Warn winch question!

Cookjames27

Cookjames27

May 13, 2020
Hammond, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I ordered my first winch today. I have a pioneer 1000-5 and I ordered the Warn Axon 5500# with synthetic rope. My question is, did I overdue it? Is it going to pull to much amps? I have the dual battery setup, isolator, stinger etc. I'm not sure If a 4500# would be better or if it would draw less power. Thanks!

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i have the same winch. no problems for me yet, but i dont ride in mud so i dont get in to extended/really hard winching.

the 45 draws basically the same amount of amps at the same loads as the 55. the 55 just is capable of higher loads (and amps) when it needs it.

i posted a comparison before with the 45 vs 55 axon performance in this thread:

here is the graphs from that post:
I plotted both sets of performance specs on the same graph. (its really nice that they give this much info)
Axongraph jpg

and here is the data side by side
Axondata jpg

Reactions: Cookjames27
Cookjames27

Cookjames27

May 13, 2020
Hammond, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the reply everyone, it really helps alot. I have the odyssey extreme battery and I haven't heard of anyone having problems with their winch using this battery. However I do see a lot of guys putting full siz batteries under the seat.

Cookjames27

Cookjames27

May 13, 2020
Hammond, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the reply everyone, it really helps alot. I have the odyssey extreme battery and I haven't heard of anyone having problems with their winch using this battery. However I do see a lot of guys putting full siz batteries under the seat.
After doing some digging and a little research I answered my own question. My odyssey extreme will do fine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!