elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not the 12” you were hoping for, huh?

Supposed to hit 19* this afternoon before we get a foot of snow followed by -20* with a - 38* windchill!

Reactions: JTW
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You call all your long distance lovers, “friends”??

DEFINITELY going to void the warranty that way!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OK. Who's going to take the blame for hijacking this thread?

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
I agree, going to be -25 on wed... we just got about 10"

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree, going to be -25 on wed... we just got about 10"
I believe there was a communication breakdown. A couple of replies were misconstrued and taken by someone other than the intended target. Anyway...as stated above, there is a law against a manufacturer voiding a warranty or denying a claim based on a modification that had nothing to do with the claim. I.E. they can't deny a burnt clutch because you installed an aftermarket switchplate. Good luck and stick around! We need more people like you in here to balance JTW's MADNESS!!!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well, I have cooled down now... I wish I could take it back or delete it.. :(
Been there done that...sometimes we have to realize how many different personalities there are and reading something isn’t the same without direct communication and facial expression. Certain things piss off some and not others so it can be hard to gauge sometimes.

J

JTW

I believe there was a communication breakdown. A couple of replies were misconstrued and taken by someone other than the intended target. Anyway...as stated above, there is a law against a manufacturer voiding a warranty or denying a claim based on a modification that had nothing to do with the claim. I.E. they can't deny a burnt clutch because you installed an aftermarket switchplate. Good luck and stick around! We need more people like you in here to balance JTW's MADNESS!!!
I hope you choke on a chicken nugget!

Reactions: 0860silverado
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
In truth an aftermarket switch plate can take out clutches in the Pioneer. Any accessory that can pull enough juice can. Without ample voltage the system doesn’t function correctly and WILL make it slip. That’s why a separated battery with accessories running off only that battery is so important in the p1k.
I do believe they could deny a claim even with the clutch campaign if the dealer thinks the fault was based off of customer related item.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
In truth an aftermarket switch plate can take out clutches in the Pioneer. Any accessory that can pull enough juice can. Without ample voltage the system doesn’t function correctly and WILL make it slip. That’s why a separated battery with accessories running off only that battery is so important in the p1k.
I do believe they could deny a claim even with the clutch campaign if the dealer thinks the fault was based off of customer related item.

From my experience, while you are completely correct, @CumminsPusher, a good dealer is going to do everything they can for their customer!

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
From my experience, while you are completely correct, @CumminsPusher, a good dealer is going to do everything they can for their customer!
Yes but they wouldn’t be telling corporate lol

Reactions: elkguide

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah, I guess so but it wouldn't be the switch plate drawing the current...instead, it would be the actual implement that the the switch was energizing.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah, I guess so but it wouldn't be the switch plate drawing the current...instead, it would be the actual implement that the the switch was energizing.
Yes correct. Was just meaning the switch panel controls something that could. But hell faulty wiring going to it or being pulled from the wrong source for a trigger could be a problem. Wiring on newer vehicles is so reliant on a correct voltage not even funny. It’s not just 12v”ish” anymore.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From what little experience I've had with warranty work you have to have the dealer backing you, but in the end it comes down to the dealers representative from mother Honda to give the ok or not. If I had a dealer tell me from the get I had to purchase an OEM switch plate or my warranty would be void I'd walk away and never look back!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!