S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
if I use anyone elses switch plate other than the oem Honda for 325.00 dealer tells me my warranty will be voided.... it may be true but I am sure it is just be3cause Honda want you to buy there plate... do I take my chances for one year...I did not buy the extended warranty...

Gary

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

if I use anyone elses switch plate other than the oem Honda for 325.00 dealer tells me my warranty will be voided.... it may be true but I am sure it is just be3cause Honda want you to buy there plate... do I take my chances for one year...I did not buy the extended warranty...

Gary
Thats f***ing bull s***! 100’s of us have aftermarket switch plates and most have wired them themselves... that doesn’t void your warranty! You need a new dealer! This is exactly why the extended warranty is bulls*** too... you pay hundreds of dollars for them to come back and say... “awwww that’s not covered under warranty” I was fortunate enough to see the writing on the wall when mine was still in the first year warranty phase. Anyway... tell them to shove it up their ass and buy what you want to for a switch plate!

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The dealer is only part right. The only thing that warranty is void on is whatever that accessory causes to fail and the accessory itself it's not covered. All the rest of your warranty is good on everything else.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thats f***ing bull s***! 100’s of us have aftermarket switch plates and most have wired them themselves... that doesn’t void your warranty! You need a new dealer! This is exactly why the extended warranty is bulls*** too... you pay hundreds of dollars for them to come back and say... “awwww that’s not covered under warranty” I was fortunate enough to see the writing on the wall when mine was still in the first year warranty phase. Anyway... tell them to shove it up their ass and buy what you want to for a switch plate!

I wish that for just once @JTW would tell us how he really feels about something!

A warranty is only as good as the dealer and the company. Remember that companies spend a lot of money hiring lawyers to write their warranties and they are not based in the purchasers favor.

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
I wish that for just once @JTW would tell us how he really feels about something!

I agree, I was just asking... he spouted out in one of my other threads... that attitude does not fit with my personality... to each his own I guess... definitely a chip on his shoulder... going to leave this site... no time people like that... take care everyone and good luck... I thought this was supposed to be a god informative site, I guess I was wrong... takes one bad apple to ruin it all....

A warranty is only as good as the dealer and the company. Remember that companies spend a lot of money hiring lawyers to write their warranties and they are not based in the purchasers favor.
U 5.45x396

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree, I was just asking... he spouted out in one of my other threads... that attitude does not fit with my personality... to each his own I guess... definitely a chip on his shoulder... going to leave this site... no time people like that... take care everyone and good luck... I thought this was supposed to be a god informative site, I guess I was wrong... takes one bad apple to ruin it all....

Don't take @JTW too seriously. He's a great guy, and just a little excitable.

This is by FAR the best site out there with the most up to date and credible info anywhere.
Hope that you don't take offense as I'm sure that he was just expressing some frustration at how the dealer was treating you and I'm on his side as far as the dealer's response. The only thing that would not be warrantied by Honda, would be anything that was messed up because of aftermarket work/equipment. We unfortunately hear all to often of poor dealers and it gets very frustrating to see fellow owners being taken to the cleaners by some unscrupulous dealer.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
While many of us feel the exact same way you could tone it down a bit. This guy is new and doesnt know you. Ease up a little eh?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Don't take @JTW too seriously. He's a great guy, and just a little excitable.

This is by FAR the best site out there with the most up to date and credible info anywhere.
Hope that you don't take offense as I'm sure that he was just expressing some frustration at how the dealer was treating you and I'm on his side as far as the dealer's response. The only thing that would not be warrantied by Honda, would be anything that was messed up because of aftermarket work/equipment. We unfortunately hear all to often of poor dealers and it gets very frustrating to see fellow owners being taken to the cleaners by some unscrupulous dealer.

Ok thanks for the feedback...i am sure he was just venting his feelings...

advertisement
J

JTW

While many of us feel the exact same way you could tone it down a bit. This guy is new and doesnt know you. Ease up a little eh?

Yup... I’ve just tried to help the guy. I read back through my previous thread comments and I’m not sure where the butt hurt is coming from. But no worries... he can figure it out on his own.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
I’m not sure how someone could take what I said personally... never was anything directed toward the OP.. I was pissed off for you. But I’ll quit “spouting” in your threads if your personality is that delicate.
No problem, elkguide said it best...no hard feelings.
Gary

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yup... I’ve just tried to help the guy. I read back through my previous thread comments and I’m not sure where the butt hurt is coming from. But no worries... he can figure it out on his own.
Dont go away mad, just go away.

Reactions: JTW
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Well, I have cooled down now... I wish I could take it back or delete it.. :(

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
LIFE IS GOOD.

Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees and if we take time to take a deep breath things are usually better in the morning. Except it's still way to cold here in the Northeast and they're predicting 12" more snow by tomorrow morning!!!! Man am I sick of that!

J

JTW

LIFE IS GOOD.

Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees and if we take time to take a deep breath things are usually better in the morning. Except it's still way to cold here in the Northeast and they're predicting 12" more snow by tomorrow morning!!!! Man am I sick of that!
Not the 12” you were hoping for, huh?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok thank you sir... have a good one... you too...get lost...
Lol JTW and I are good friends. Long story but I had to get him back for something. Dont sweat it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!