Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anyway, so, I posted about my door install.
yada, yada, No big deal, until I drove to work, 2 miles on gravel at about 40-50 mph.
WOW! Nice side effect that I did not expect. No Dust inside.
My setup:
  • 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-3
  • Stock Honda roof
  • SuperATV flip up windshield
  • Clear shower curtain back panel
  • and now, Falcon ridge soft upper door panels
I usually keep the front window open, or you are eating dust.
But, it was a little chilly so I had the front window closed, and was just gonna suffer with the dust.
So, I'm cruising along, and no dust. At first I thought, ok, it is cold out, the gravel is damp, no dust would come in.
And then I looked in my rearview mirror.
Anyone that has driven gravel knows, you can see the dust cloud.
I had a normal dust cloud.
My theory. The air hits the SuperATV windshield, is pushed up to the Honda roof and it scoops up so much air that it over pressurizes the cab.
The air comes in so hard up at the Honda roof line, its hard to hold your hand at speed.
I know the air hits the back shower curtain window, because I can feel it on my neck/back.
And now with the upper side doors, the air has no big escape route, except where the dust was coming in.
Would this work if I was following someone?
Remember that dust cloud I mentioned earlier.....
haha, pretty sure that would come right in, so no.
I guess as long as I don't slow down, and not following anyone.
I should be dust free. haha 👍
Have a good day

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!