Water in the gas

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

Got my boat out after sitting all winter and for the second year in a row it has water in the gas tank. I'm probably going to end up draining it, but that's a lot of gas and I don't want to. I did some YouTube research and found a guy who did a pretty good comparison of removal products, Heet, SeaFoam, and isopropyl alcohol. To my surprise. the SeaFoam didn't do very well though he does really like SeaFoam for other things. I thought I'd pass this on since some of us here (including me) use a lot of SeaFoam.

Reactions: trigger
D

Deleted member 3748

I'm tempted but if I try the alcohol I'm going to find the 99% stuff.

D

Deleted member 3748

I put a bottle of SeaFoam in my boat's gas tank last fall and another bottle on Saturday before I knew the water was in there. I'm going to keep using SeaFoam in my gas because it's the only product where I actually noticed a difference.

D

Deleted member 3748

It has a water separator from the factory but it's not nearly as big as that one. I wonder how long it would take to run 30 gallons through there? Thanks for the tip @uconn411

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
The old fashion way was to filter the gas though a chamois, a real one not fake, seems like it might ruin the chamois but I guess you could save it for filtering you gas year after year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3748

I bought some alcohol today and I'll try it and watch it not work. :D I think I'm going to add the separator @uconn411 posted. That looks like the best way to continually remove water.

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I use Stabil too. My two cycle can always has it mixed in. Some say it does more harm than good but I've never had a problem with it.
Me either. My lawn equipment starts up every spring like new. 4wheeler starts easier in very cold weather too. Good stuff.

D

Deleted member 3748

I drain the gas out of all my small engines when I stop using them for the season or any length of time over a few weeks.

I also use Stabil.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Me either. My lawn equipment starts up every spring like new. 4wheeler starts easier in very cold weather too. Good stuff.

I have it in an old generator that I run once a year, unless we have a power outage, and it always fires up. Also have a cheap weed whacker that I figured I would've had to replace by now but it just keeps firing up every spring. Stuff works for me too. ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!