Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Short ground wire is the way to go, the shorter the better. With cheap audio components, engine noise is sometimes unavoidable though. I had a cheap Boss amp that I routed all the wiring so they were isolated, ran loom over all the wiring, shortest ground possible and I still had engine noise. Loop Isolator was the only thing that got rid of it. Should have just chucked that POS then. ;)

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Probably just need bigger wire for the ground. I dont hear it at higher volumes so doesnt really bother me. Since my feed wires are like 15 ft long. And just 12 gauge. Plus running amp and head unit. Together.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigger
R

rickoshea

If I have to tune my volume with an amp above 10, I expect something. I never hit 20 with Polk Audio equipment or the neighbor's ears will bleed.
Seriously, a good pair of speakers and amp make all the difference. You do get what pay for.
i would agree if it were going into a home,rv,vehicle or boat,but a sxs is a very harsh environment for audio equipment.sometimes cheap is just more cost effective,for me personally.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Was weak battery. Just had to change it. I get a slightstatic when radio is off but otherthan that crystal clear

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!