BOX1

Welcome Hillbilly Brake as a club vendor!

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can adjust your brake pedal position slightly to add more pressure when the Hillbilly Brake is engaged. There is a nut on the clevis on the bottom/backside of the brake arm.

View attachment 265321
Thanks, I’ll see if I can tighten it up some. It’s never a problem when I load it on the trailer, but I’ve it start to roll when out on the trail while waiting for someone to get out of the way.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can adjust your brake pedal position slightly to add more pressure when the Hillbilly Brake is engaged. There is a nut on the clevis on the bottom/backside of the brake arm.

View attachment 265321
Couple of points on the installation and adjustment of the Hillbilly Brake.

Even though I'm mechanically "ept", I'm gettin' up there in years and won't be doing any pole dancing or contortionist routines. Lining up the fender washer and the nut to get the bolt started is a chore. Took a few tries to get it right. Hint: before starting, put a little bit of superglue around the hole on the fender washer, place nut centered on washer hole. It'll now be easy to slide the washer and nut combination up into place to start the bolt. More easier!

I installed the brake and needed to stop nose up on a 20* incline. The brake wouldn't hold. I needed to increase the distance of the threaded rod that goes into the rubber bellows to master cylinder. This increases braking force with pedal locked. To do this, you only need break free the lock nut, at the forward end of the clevis, on the threaded rod that goes forward into the rubber bellows. Should be no need to detach the clevis (though I didn't figure that out until after I took it apart - sigh). Simply mark the threaded rod with a felt tip so you can count the turns, loosen locknut, then rotate threaded rod CW (viewed facing forward) to increase brake pressure with lock engaged, or CCW to decrease pressure. I extended it by 2 turns. Tested to make sure still relatively easy to engage HB, but haven't checked it on a hill yet.

Last edited:
Rangejunkie

Rangejunkie

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2019
Jackson, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tie down my machine by the wheels, so the suspension moves. I dont want the shock of that slight movement on the drivetrain. Kind of like putting you truck in park on a hill and letting it roll a little till the transmission pawl catchs the weight.
Please forgive me on my ignorance if I'm not understanding. If the wheels are not turning, the diff isn't moving, so drive train shouldn't move. Only thing by strapping wheels down that moves should be the suspension riding with the trailer. Please feel free to pm me so we don't hijack the tread.

• Haha
Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Please forgive me on my ignorance if I'm not understanding. If the wheels are not turning, the diff isn't moving, so drive train shouldn't move. Only thing by strapping wheels down that moves should be the suspension riding with the trailer. Please feel free to pm me so we don't hijack the tread.
Hey, he said his daddy told him. And that man’s still alive and still driving at 94…..😎😂

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!