L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yep, my first time at Takeover. I am not trying to sink my 700 or win a race but neither do I want to be in a position where I can't go where everyone else is going. I can easily see 800 in damages without it. Just as importantly, don't want to spend all that it takes to get there, blow vacation time and then sit with at the rv with a broken ride.

I would offer you some tips but really don't need them.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yep, my first time at Takeover. I am not trying to sink my 700 or win a race but neither do I want to be in a position where I can't go where everyone else is going. I can easily see 800 in damages without it. Just as importantly, don't want to spend all that it takes to get there, blow vacation time and then sit with at the rv with a broken ride.

I would offer you some tips but really don't need them.
Iv actually thought about bringing my jeep as a back up ride. they are the same width

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and Backwoods
urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any discounts for club members now? The code at the beginning of this thread looks like it's old...

Reactions: BWAF
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Trail Armor 1/2" skids are also available for the Talon, I just installed one on mine - I didn't see it listed in the first post. I didn't use the floor jack since I live alone and didn't want to drop the Talon on myself. :eek: It was tight but I needed the exercise. :oops:

Reactions: BWAF
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Trail Armor 1/2" skids are also available for the Talon, I just installed one on mine - I didn't see it listed in the first post. I didn't use the floor jack since I live alone and didn't want to drop the Talon on myself. :eek: It was tight but I needed the exercise. :oops:
Good to hear the install happened without lifting it. I had their full set on my Pioneer 700 but was able to use my friend's forklift to raise and lower the machine to whatever height was needed. I just ordered a set for my Talon but no longer have access to the forklift. I'll just stop eating for a few days so I can maneuver under it 👍

How long did it take for you to get your skid plates from when you ordered? I'm dying to get out and ride but won't do anything until the skids are on.
Thanks in advance.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Good to hear the install happened without lifting it. I had their full set on my Pioneer 700 but was able to use my friend's forklift to raise and lower the machine to whatever height was needed. I just ordered a set for my Talon but no longer have access to the forklift. I'll just stop eating for a few days so I can maneuver under it 👍

How long did it take for you to get your skid plates from when you ordered? I'm dying to get out and ride but won't do anything until the skids are on.
Thanks in advance.
I ordered it on February 11th and received it on the 15th. Their info (email?) said 14-21 days but this was pre covid. Yes, they instill a great deal of inner comfort knowing I'm covered from the bottom. :)

Reactions: educ8tedguess
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I ordered it on February 11th and received it on the 15th. Their info (email?) said 14-21 days but this was pre covid. Yes, they instill a great deal of inner comfort knowing I'm covered from the bottom. :)
Thanks for your reply. As excited as I am to get them on I'm just happy to see companies staying afloat.
The initial $ outlay is a bit painful at first; but 10 minutes into the first ride I forget all about it. Well worth it.

Reactions: Russ989
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for your reply. As excited as I am to get them on I'm just happy to see companies staying afloat.
The initial $ outlay is a bit painful at first; but 10 minutes into the first ride I forget all about it. Well worth it.
I agree, when I saw the price I almost popped an aneurism. :oops: But now I'm reveling in that smug "I got this covered" attitude. 😎

Reactions: educ8tedguess
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I agree, when I saw the price I almost popped an aneurism. :oops: But now I'm reveling in that smug "I got this covered" attitude. 😎
Yep...so now I can go back to worrying about my buddy smoking his belt because he forgot to put it in low.

Reactions: CID
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, the first time I smacked a big rock I thought to myself “that was money well spent”!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!