P1000 Well I did it this time. Pk1000-5 sucked water into motor

E

Eam22357

Jun 16, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m rather ashamed to be posting this. Motor sucked up water at very low rpms (almost an idle) and shut off. Tried pulling the plugs to shoot the water out but the starter solenoid just clicks when I try. I drained all the oil and was trying to find a way to hand crank to get any remaining water out. Any info would be very appreciated. Yes I also know I’m dumb for taking it to deep so no need to beat a dead horse here lol.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's one I remember with quite a bit of discussion on a Talon

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Should have bought a BOAT ...... lol ..... could not resist.

I suggest getting the starter fixed ASAP, so as to be able to turn it over.

Not sure how it would work with the Pioneer, but if it is like a 'standard' on a truck ........ remove the plugs and put it in gear and tow it. With a normal standard that would cause the motor to turn over and pump the water out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!