Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am starting a thread to see how much interest there would be for members to come north of the border for a ride. I am located in the Okanagan Valley in a small town between Kelowna and Vernon BC called Winfield. I know the area like the back of my hand around here and would be willing to take a group out. Combination of Forest Service Roads and trails. It is a long way to travel for most members but if there is enough interest we could explore the idea of riding somewhere else in BC with a lot more scenery and history on the trails. One day trips or 3-5 day treks? @rickoshea has mentioned a few ideas that sound very interesting. @Montecresto and @crewcabrob seem to be interested and I know that @CumminsPusher and @lowrider are not too far south. I am attaching a couple links of ideas. If there is interest we will probably plan for next July or August.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am starting a thread to see how much interest there would be for members to come north of the border for a ride. I am located in the Okanagan Valley in a small town between Kelowna and Vernon BC called Winfield. I know the area like the back of my hand around here and would be willing to take a group out. Combination of Forest Service Roads and trails. It is a long way to travel for most members but if there is enough interest we could explore the idea of riding somewhere else in BC with a lot more scenery and history on the trails. One day trips or 3-5 day treks? @rickoshea has mentioned a few ideas that sound very interesting. @Montecresto and @crewcabrob seem to be interested and I know that @CumminsPusher and @lowrider are not too far south. I am attaching a couple links of ideas. If there is interest we will probably plan for next July or August.

This sounds great, but it would be a four week ordeal for me, maybe when I retire.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Yep, as we’ve been talking about it, you know we’re in. Traveling the distance, I’d be most interested in a week long adventure. And CP, we’d be talking a year out, so CV19 shouldn’t be an issue, but if it were of course that would be a non starter…..

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
All crown land. Nothing but lakes with rainbow trout.
Big rainbows?? I suppose they would hit flies or spinners.

We're getting lots of smoke from BC fires...you folks need rain too!! We're chasing Kokanee this weekend and throw them in the smoker for awhile. Kinda late but it might mean they will be bigger.

Reactions: Rayger143
advertisement
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rainbows aren’t as big as they were years ago. Lucky to get one in mountain lks at 3lbs but they are plentiful and fun on a fly rod. A lot bigger in the larger lakes in the valley bottom as well as kokanee and big lake trout. So smoky here you could probably smoke your fish on the clothesline.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Rainbows aren’t as big as they were years ago. Lucky to get one in mountain lks at 3lbs but they are plentiful and fun on a fly rod. A lot bigger in the larger lakes in the valley bottom as well as kokanee and big lake trout. So smoky here you could probably smoke your fish on the clothesline.
That's funny but sad.

R

rickoshea

i can help you out with big rainbows.i've fished most of the lakes in the province.the trick is to fish the lakes stocked with af3n's.

Reactions: CID and Rayger143
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think most of the lakes in the province are in your back yard lol. af3n?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
i can help you out with big rainbows.i've fished most of the lakes in the province.the trick is to fish the lakes stocked with af3n's.
Any idea what fishing regs are for foreigners…?

R

rickoshea

Big rainbows?? I suppose they would hit flies or spinners.

We're getting lots of smoke from BC fires...you folks need rain too!! We're chasing Kokanee this weekend and throw them in the smoker for awhile. Kinda late but it might mean they will be bigger.
up at my place the lake is so warm right now that the rainbows aren't hitting much but the kokanees are slamming anything that moves.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
up at my place the lake is so warm right now that the rainbows aren't hitting much but the kokanees are slamming anything that moves.
Pretty much same here. If it works out #1 son is taking copilot and I out for Kok's tomorrow unless it's as hot and smoky as today then that gets pushed back for good weather. Poor guy is required to work for a living. How big are the lake trout (Macks) in your lake Rick? Should we bring a boat?

Reactions: Rayger143 and CID
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Pretty much same here. If it works out #1 son is taking copilot and I out for Kok's tomorrow unless it's as hot and smoky as today then that gets pushed back for good weather. Poor guy is required to work for a living. How big are the lake trout (Macks) in your lake Rick? Should we bring a boat?
Is he going to do the casting and reeling in the Kok’s for ya…..

advertisement