BOX1

P500 Western Trails

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
A couple of friends and I are thinking of trying to do a western trail riding trip in a year or so. Three couples and we are all in our mid to late sixties so we are not interested in mudding, high speed, or rock climbing. What we would like to do if possible is a relatively easy ride without driving challenges. See some nice mountain or high country scenery, possibly ghost town abandoned mines. I have a 500 but they both own 700s so that rules out the 50 inch trails. We would probably ride for two days three days max. We currently ride trips of 30-40 miles a day and that is about what we can handle without to much wear and tear on old arthritic joints.
Any suggestions out there that we can explore on the net for planning purposes?

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks very much. That does look very interesting. I will be looking into this in more detail

Reactions: rtn001
monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
Taylor Park, Co and the surrounding area is nice. Big mix of trails

Reactions: rtn001
T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks again these are great ideas. I am looking hard at them all.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I live in N/E Arizona. There are some beautiful trails you can ride up here in the White Mountains (Show Low) area, in particular the Maverick Trail.
However, from personal experience I would recommend the Paiute Trail System in Utah.
Stay at the Paiute Trails Inn in Marysvale.
The entire town is OHV friendly and they let you cruise around town in your SxS. You have access to endless riding right there in Marysvale and it is straight up breathtaking once you get up into the mountains on the West side of Marysvale. I could give you some tips, and I can even tell you what map to use. I myself will be up there again the first weekend in September. It's so cool it's become a yearly tradition with my riding buddies. Last year we spent three full days up there riding out of Marysvale and barely scratched the surface.
What I'm trying to say is, you can't go wrong with Marysvale and the Paiute. The food is even really good at the Paiute Trails Inn.

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the heads up. Right now we are in the planning stage. It will be next year before we make the trip because of prior commitments. The more I hear about this trail the better I like it. The only problem is it is a solid three days of driving to get there and then back three more. I am retired so time is not a problem for me but some in our small group it is as they are still working.

Reactions: SouthwestORV
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the heads up. Right now we are in the planning stage. It will be next year before we make the trip because of prior commitments. The more I hear about this trail the better I like it. The only problem is it is a solid three days of driving to get there and then back three more. I am retired so time is not a problem for me but some in our small group it is as they are still working.
I am happy to help however I can.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
if you decide on trail out of Marysvale, you guys will want to make reservations early as possible as nice area and fills up. They also have rallys that you may or may not want to go to (would be guided but area is mapped well enough, you really don't need a guide) I recommend Lizzie and Charlie's RV/ATV Park as they have cabins and RV park (depending on what you are looking for). Right in town & block from gas station.

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
if you decide on trail out of Marysvale, you guys will want to make reservations early as possible as nice area and fills up. They also have rallys that you may or may not want to go to (would be guided but area is mapped well enough, you really don't need a guide) I recommend Lizzie and Charlie's RV/ATV Park as they have cabins and RV park (depending on what you are looking for). Right in town & block from gas station.
Now that is valuable information. Especially about the rallys. I figured they were a big deal there but now I know for sure.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
Now that is valuable information. Especially about the rallys. I figured they were a big deal there but now I know for sure.

also some of the higher trails don't open till mid July cause of snow. Area well mapped (can buy book at Piute trail website) and most of the 50" sections have another route parallel just not as challenging. A very UTV friendly area

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!