• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

P500 What an amazingly fun machine, and the experience is just beginning!

Discussion in 'Pioneer 500 Photo's and Video's' started by HaggyGP, Jul 11, 2019.

1. HaggyGP

HaggyGP Member

Ownership:
    Finally! The rain has stopped and the sun is shining. Got out on a good ride around Sturgeon Lake Cree Nation. Just outside of Valleyview, Alberta. Quite a few members have quads and side by sides here, and many great trails through the grass, parallel to many roads on the reserve. The reserve does not have any bylaws pertaining to ATV's/UTV's and the RCMP are pretty good to the folks here. Climbed a steep hill in automatic hitting it at a good speed but snubbed the bike, short of stalling right at the crest of it. Hill climbing is unbelievable in LOW, even in 2WD. Almost back to the cabin I found a wet spot... basically like loon s***! I shouldn't have... but I went for it. Got stuck, and the other side of it was a worse mud hole. Thankfully I installed the winch last week, because I needed all of the cable... willows are great to winch too LOL! Now off to the car wash in the morning! Oh, one other thing that amazes me is the fuel economy. thumbnail_IMG_20190711_133856.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190711_133917.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190711_133940.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190711_134028.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190711_134150.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190711_134226.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190711_142242.jpg

2. CaboJim

CaboJim Member

Ownership:
    Nice cargo box. Did you make it?

HaggyGP likes this.
  3. HaggyGP

HaggyGP Member

Ownership:
    Thanks, Star Fabricating in Ridge Valley, Alberta designed and built it including powder coating. Shipping and Handling is a killer for any thing available on the internet. For about 15 % more they built me exactly what I needed and wanted, usually one of those factors is affected buying something you physically can't see or touch along with the S&H

CaboJim likes this.
  4. gullyjumper

gullyjumper Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    1000-3
    Nice pictures, glad your enjoying it !

HaggyGP likes this.
  5. JCart

JCart Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    Great to see you’re having good times on the new rig. Like the box too. On mine stays the following in addition to the synthetic winch line, 100ft Synthetic winch line (spare), 100ft of high quality 1/2” rope, 4 snatch blocks, 4 straps for snatch blocks, nylon 6000lb tow strap and lastly lifting loop rates at 6000lbs. Have this gear tucked under the hood and behind the seat. Got stuck in snowed in mud puddle one time alone and in the dark.... used almost all of the above to get out, hahahaa. Also have a fiskar brush hook and small shovel that I’ve fit between the cab and rear box.
    Cheers, thanks for sharing the pix too.
    j

HaggyGP, trigger and Eltobgi like this.
  6. HaggyGP

HaggyGP Member

Ownership:
    You sound like your pretty prepared. I am finding the drive much different than quadding, I will be getting a bunch of gear like yourself... For the "just in case" situation

7. trigger

trigger Old Ironsides
    Vendor Lifetime Member Supporting Member

Ownership:
    70Bones, Mudwing, JCart and 2 others like this.
  8. JCart

JCart Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    Typically my UTVing is just me and in most instances out of any cell range, kms and kms out in the weeds... last weekend was out scouting and realized I didn’t have a tire plug kit or air compressor, rummaged around in my truck, found and put on the UTV when I got back.

Nice thing with UTV you can pack more stuff, tucked away and just leave on the machine permanently.
    Cheers,
    j

HaggyGP likes this.