P500 What an amazingly fun machine, and the experience is just beginning!

HaggyGP

HaggyGP

Jun 27, 2019
Grande Prairie Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Finally! The rain has stopped and the sun is shining. Got out on a good ride around Sturgeon Lake Cree Nation. Just outside of Valleyview, Alberta. Quite a few members have quads and side by sides here, and many great trails through the grass, parallel to many roads on the reserve. The reserve does not have any bylaws pertaining to ATV's/UTV's and the RCMP are pretty good to the folks here. Climbed a steep hill in automatic hitting it at a good speed but snubbed the bike, short of stalling right at the crest of it. Hill climbing is unbelievable in LOW, even in 2WD. Almost back to the cabin I found a wet spot... basically like loon s***! I shouldn't have... but I went for it. Got stuck, and the other side of it was a worse mud hole. Thankfully I installed the winch last week, because I needed all of the cable... willows are great to winch too LOL! Now off to the car wash in the morning! Oh, one other thing that amazes me is the fuel economy.
Thumbnail IMG 20190711 133856
Thumbnail IMG 20190711 133917
Thumbnail IMG 20190711 133940
Thumbnail IMG 20190711 134028
Thumbnail IMG 20190711 134150
Thumbnail IMG 20190711 134226
Thumbnail IMG 20190711 142242

HaggyGP

HaggyGP

Jun 27, 2019
Ownership

1. 500
Nice cargo box. Did you make it?
Thanks, Star Fabricating in Ridge Valley, Alberta designed and built it including powder coating. Shipping and Handling is a killer for any thing available on the internet. For about 15 % more they built me exactly what I needed and wanted, usually one of those factors is affected buying something you physically can't see or touch along with the S&H

Reactions: CaboJim
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Great to see you’re having good times on the new rig. Like the box too. On mine stays the following in addition to the synthetic winch line, 100ft Synthetic winch line (spare), 100ft of high quality 1/2” rope, 4 snatch blocks, 4 straps for snatch blocks, nylon 6000lb tow strap and lastly lifting loop rates at 6000lbs. Have this gear tucked under the hood and behind the seat. Got stuck in snowed in mud puddle one time alone and in the dark.... used almost all of the above to get out, hahahaa. Also have a fiskar brush hook and small shovel that I’ve fit between the cab and rear box.
Cheers, thanks for sharing the pix too.
j

HaggyGP

HaggyGP

Jun 27, 2019
Ownership

1. 500
Great to see you’re having good times on the new rig. Like the box too. On mine stays the following in addition to the synthetic winch line, 100ft Synthetic winch line (spare), 100ft of high quality 1/2” rope, 4 snatch blocks, 4 straps for snatch blocks, nylon 6000lb tow strap and lastly lifting loop rates at 6000lbs. Have this gear tucked under the hood and behind the seat. Got stuck in snowed in mud puddle one time alone and in the dark.... used almost all of the above to get out, hahahaa. Also have a fiskar brush hook and small shovel that I’ve fit between the cab and rear box.
Cheers, thanks for sharing the pix too.
j
You sound like your pretty prepared. I am finding the drive much different than quadding, I will be getting a bunch of gear like yourself... For the "just in case" situation

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
What's ironic is how much sh** you haul around for years and never use or need it, but then you get stuck and realize what you don't have. A folding shovel with a case is $15 and takes up very little room, would've paid 5 times that much for one when I got stuck. :rolleyes:

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
You sound like your pretty prepared. I am finding the drive much different than quadding, I will be getting a bunch of gear like yourself... For the "just in case" situation

Typically my UTVing is just me and in most instances out of any cell range, kms and kms out in the weeds... last weekend was out scouting and realized I didn’t have a tire plug kit or air compressor, rummaged around in my truck, found and put on the UTV when I got back.

Nice thing with UTV you can pack more stuff, tucked away and just leave on the machine permanently.
Cheers,
j

Reactions: HaggyGP

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!