P1000 What are you using for a hitch on your 1000-5?

S

Spoof0ne

Aug 8, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking for a hitch similar to this, but wondering if I need to get an extender first.

811Ttd2TKQL SL1500

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
S

Spoof0ne

Aug 8, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are you pulling?

Most of my pulling will be lawn equipment. My lawn trailer has a pin hole connection. I like the idea of having a ball hitch as well should I have the need to pull something bigger and I like the pull bar for a rope or chain attaching point. Hence the desire for the all in one above.

Reactions: JTW, sharp and BWAF
C

CJH

Sep 17, 2018
Black Hills, South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking for a hitch similar to this, but wondering if I need to get an extender first.

View attachment 89342

I'm using the longest receiver extender & longest hitch with welded ball I could find in stock at Harbor Freight. This is just for pulling a kayak trailer about 1/3 mile from our cabin to the lake. I'm not taking heavy loads out on the highway with this setup.

It has a lot of slop. When I crank up the jack on the kayak trailer the whole things wants to angle up & sometimes getting the coupler off the ball takes some muscle.

I do wish the receiver protruded further out the back. Does anyone know why it doesn't?

Reactions: BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm using the longest receiver extender & longest hitch with welded ball I could find in stock at Harbor Freight. This is just for pulling a kayak trailer about 1/3 mile from our cabin to the lake. I'm not taking heavy loads out on the highway with this setup.

It has a lot of slop. When I crank up the jack on the kayak trailer the whole things wants to angle up & sometimes getting the coupler off the ball takes some muscle.

I do wish the receiver protruded further out the back. Does anyone know why it doesn't?

Probably because it would get hung up on obstacles. I left my receiver in yesterday and only realized it after it was coated with mud and I didn’t feel like trying to get it out. It was catching on a lot of things the rest of the day.

Reactions: BWAF and lee
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a fairly long, flat stinger. Not sure where I got it, but it's easily 5" longer than normal. The only thing I've used it for so far is to attach my garbage commander (hooks to the handles on my garbage can) each week.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!