What brought you to Hondasxs.com and the Pioneer?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
A few of us were talking over in the Takeover thread about how we ended up with a Pioneer and then found Hondasxs.com (or vice versa in my case). Thought it would be fun to see how everybody else ended up with this addiction :p

Me:

I was looking for a Honda Foreman forum and one of the Google searches brought me to a thread on here about a Rubicon. I read through it and then started poking around in the build threads. I only see machines built to ride around in the mud down here, so I thought it was really cool to see these trail/rock rigs. Joined the forum on 4/7/19 and then had the Pioneer on the trailer 3 days later after reading through just about every build thread there was. Convinced my dad to come to TO2019 with me and I've been hooked ever since. Made some really good friends and have had a blast on every ride.

Loaded up for TO2019 - 3 weeks old, only upgrade was a winch and a fire extinguisher

Fast forward not even a year...

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It all started for me when I decided I wanted a new four wheeler. I looked up a new 2017 Foreman Rubicon and told my wife I was going to pick up a new four wheeler. She decided she would tag along and off we went. When we got there and I showed her what I was buying she told me that she wanted something we could both ride comfortably, the salesman didn’t miss a beat and said come with me and took us to a Pioneer 500. She was sold and I liked it as well, we brought it home and I started researching it and found this site. I started reading about the TO but it wasn’t in the cards to go. I joined and started looking into mods and did a few simple upgrades and thought about upgrading but told myself I didn’t need to. One day shortly after I was talking to me wife about buying a bigger machine and she says I think you should sell the P500 and get one that will haul 4 people. Sold the 500 and bought a 700-4, started working on mods when I get the email about the TO and I said I have to go and see what this is all about. Met some great people and everyone was willing to point me the right direction and help someone if needed. Made some new friends and went back to Tennessee to ride Windrock with @Bad_bowtie in October, had an absolute blast. This is where the story takes a turn, @Bad_bowtie twisted my arm and made me drive his 1000 around the camp the second night. He then proceeded to tell me I’d have one before I came back! I made it three weeks, sold the 700-4 and bought a 1000-5 Deluxe. I’ve been buying something every week it seems like! Anyway, this is an awesome forum and the crew here is top shelf in my opinion.

6AA0583F F163 43EA 9BBD FD78DD0C43F5
2987692F 47E0 4EFE AD5B 5B491D1CE050

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It all started for me when I decided I wanted a new four wheeler. I looked up a new 2017 Foreman Rubicon and told my wife I was going to pick up a new four wheeler. She decided she would tag along and off we went. When we got there and I showed her what I was buying she told me that she wanted something we could both ride comfortably, the salesman didn’t miss a beat and said come with me and took us to a Pioneer 500. She was sold and I liked it as well, we brought it home and I started researching it and found this site. I started reading about the TO but it wasn’t in the cards to go. I joined and started looking into mods and did a few simple upgrades and thought about upgrading but told myself I didn’t need to. One day shortly after I was talking to me wife about buying a bigger machine and she says I think you should sell the P500 and get one that will haul 4 people. Sold the 500 and bought a 700-4, started working on mods when I get the email about the TO and I said I have to go and see what this is all about. Met some great people and everyone was willing to point me the right direction and help someone if needed. Made some new friends and went back to Tennessee to ride Windrock with @Bad_bowtie in October, had an absolute blast. This is where the story takes a turn, @Bad_bowtie twisted my arm and made me drive his 1000 around the camp the second night. He then proceeded to tell me I’d have one before I came back! I made it three weeks, sold the 700-4 and bought a 1000-5 Deluxe. I’ve been buying something every week it seems like! Anyway, this is an awesome forum and the crew here is top shelf in my opinion.
I agree with your last statement! I went to look at Honda S xS's, saw the P5's, they looked totally incomplete to me, no bed, didn't have the vision of building a bed, the P7 seemed like middle ground, so I looked at the P1's, yes! And two weeks later fried the 1, 3 and 5 clutches, I was really pissed and was researching Honda P1's and found this site, joined and didn't come across in any form of happy with the Honda P1. The sales people didn't know squat about the P1's and neither did Honda, after 3 sets of clutches and the improved oiling system were installed, no more issues, took 3 years for Honda to figure it out, countless trips the the dealer with Rooster for this fix or that fix, this isn't up to the Honda standards of old, this site helped me understand the issues, even notified me of up coming issues with the P1's, this site knew about them before the dealer knew, that being said, I won't own a Talon until they have been out for three years and hopefully you can get a nonLE transmission at that time? Thanks Honda S X S!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found the site researching P500's. I wanted something small that the wife would enjoy riding trips and feel safe in. I took her shopping still undecided, but pretty well researched on what to expect in ownership with a wide range of units. She sat on or in units from every make. She decided she would feel better inside a cage instead of on a quad. She wanted to keep the price low as she wasn't sure if she would enjoy riding. We picked the P500 as her official ride. So far life has been busy and we haven't used it as much as we would like, but she has definitely been happy with it every time we've taken it out.

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I was doing a lot of landscaping, rock, river rock etc. I was looking at gators and didn't really like them.
came across the 700 with a dump bed with ability to haul trailers from back of property to drive way.

I drove wife to look at one about 2 hours away that seemed like a good deal. Surprisingly, she got the bug as well.
Had to buy a trailer to bring it home.

I knew the forums had the real life feedback not the, "I just opened it up and it looks awesome" reviews.
Oddly enough, found a bunch of great, helpful people here.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had posted a video of my p1000-5 custom radio and a guy by the name of @Plumber32 was like thing is great .you should check out Hondasxs.com they will eat that s*** up .all down hill since then ;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Had a quad that I rode and plowed with and thought about getting the wife one so she could come with me. Remembered my snowmobile days and what a pita having two machines was. You do all the work for both machines and they just ride, or get stuck lol! Decided to get a small sxs that would fit both of us and loved the idea of still being able to run quad trails. Also still wanted something small to plow with but had a roof. Started researching the hell out of it and stumbled onto Mudd Man's youtube videos, where he was continuously beating the piss out of a P5 and couldn't kill it. That's the one I wanted! Researched more and stumbled into Jackal's build thread. When I saw his ideas and what he was doing to that machine I had to have one. That's what got me hooked on the P5.
Noticed that he and others doing mods were explaining step by step how to do it and no question was a dumb one, everyone was polite and answered specifics. Met other members on group rides and they were just as cool in person as they were online. That's what got me hooked on this forum.
Never dreamed when I brought home the cheapest sxs you could buy that it would turn into a million dollar Frankenstein. Thanks Hondasxs...I think. 🙄

Last edited:
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
had a custom lifted golf cart but then I decided I wanted something that I could use year round and wasn't spending all my time washing and polishing chrome. so 1 Sunday I was looking around the web and came across a guy selling a 2014 700-2 went and looked at it drove it around the lot put it on the trailer went home and sold golf cart. started looking around for info and found this sight, lurked in the background for a while reading you guys post and watching videos. couldn't take it any more I had to join in with all the great people, the rest is history.

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had someone tell me about this Honda with an automatic transmission with no belt and it got me to start doing some searching. Stumbled across this site and I found all sorts of info and people who were all willing to help you spend your money. After reading many threads on here decided to buy one and here we are today. Met many good people from this site(and a few who are questionable). Been to TO, Utah, Colorado and South Dakota and have had a blast. Looking forward to many more years.

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Reason for buying pioneer:
Well honestly, I was looking at the Viking XI. After going to the dealer, the Viking was over 13 feet long (not very practical on the trails around here) and it was not capable of hauling or towing nearly as much as the Pioneer when looking at them. It was a little cheaper but the joy and excitement on the kids faces when they got in the pioneer was priceless. The fact they had an all black one was just icing on the cake. I love the fact that it was shorter wheel-based, can haul and tow more than the Viking, it had more ground clearance and can haul all of us on tight trails with sharp turns.

How I found the club:
I did some research on the Internet for the windshield I bought and it brought me to this site. The directions for it were on here and I had to join to download them. I joined in June but didn’t really get involved into talking to you guys in the club much until September, November during hunting season when I was really putting the SXS to use and could share about it. I started a post called “What did you do with your pioneer today” just a strike up conversations with people. Having this pioneer addiction buying accessories and such; this club has been so helpful in assisting me with figuring everything out I have asked. Even going above and beyond. Talking to you guys when I can is like talking to a bunch of buddies that I feel I have known for a while. I have met only a handful of you but feel like I know so many more.

Thanks for everything everyone!!
PDOD

Straight off the trailer from showroom:

EDD9988B 0698 4888 B2D3 C50D18237065

As it is today:

98820B60 7F2F 4053 8882 D094B63A7F9A

Last edited:
H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
I was having to get out of motor cycles because of a couple wrecks my boys had . I have always owned Hondas and have never had one let me down since I was a kid. So it was a no brainer that whatever I got would be a Honda. I started surfing the forum and learned quickly that this is a great group with a lot of information. Traded my
Two wheeler for a 500 so I could put it in my truck if I needed to and still pull a trailer . That’s when you start the work making it yours. Still need to get to some of the outings maybe this year.

Last edited:
R

rickoshea

i needed a sxs for the cottage to do yard stuff,haul firewood,pull my docks ,launch/pull my boat and something to play hard with,so i was looking for 2 machines.i looked at and sat in virtually every sxs on the market. i had a budget of 35k.then i did a very deep dive on the pro's and cons of the various models,then i looked at twin yamaha atv's,a grizz for me and a kodiak for the missus,then twin polaris aces. i slowly narrowed it down to the general,havoc x,cforce 1000 and the p1k-5 for the seating.then i waffled between the talon and the pioneer ( then the krx came out and i would own one right now).then i considered a p1k-5 and a maverick sport.so i decided to get the pioneer right away with a set of tracks and build it up to be functional and a little sporty.the dct and manual paddle shifters sold me on the pioneer and i love them.i'm still in the market for a full sport machine but not in a hurry.i found this site while doing my research.

Last edited:
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Happened to pick up a hunting magazine that had rated the best 1000CC UTV, and saw the Pioneer was leading the class. I got to getting more info on them then found I could buy a new Deluxe 5 locally cheaper than any used 17's I could find. After buying it I found several forums online, but settled in here, Hondasxs.com!

Big-Country

Big-Country

Lifetime Member
May 8, 2019
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
I started working at a farm and was working with @Russ989 for the first time he saw the glow in my eyes when I saw his p500, then a couple months later he text me one morning and said he was thinking of selling it and figured I’d be interested, so I bought it and he convinced me one day to just sign for the HondaSXS Club so I did and liked it so I became a lifetime member and now have a very expensive Honda habit. 😃😃

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I started working at a farm and was working with @Russ989 for the first time he saw the glow in my eyes when I saw his p500, then a couple months later he text me one morning and said he was thinking of selling it and figured I’d be interested, so I bought it and he convinced me one day to just sign for the HondaSXS Club so I did and liked it so I became a lifetime member and now have a very expensive Honda habit. 😃😃
You’re welcome buddy 😉

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
A number of years ago, maybe 2013, one of the kids I work with was hyping up this site.
He went on the 1st pre-takeover at Windrock, he grew up in that area.
Kid even took a Popo for that 1st ride but he's a geeked up Honda fan now.
It's kind of suprising how many of the guys I work with are in to guns, hunting and off-road.

I made the 2nd ride at Windrock just after the p500 was released.
Thease things are frekin awsome (but don't take my word for it, read the p500 forum).
Instead of following the lemmings off a cliff Honda realized it didn't need a bed, it wouldn't fit a bed much bigger than a box anyway.
And, even without a front locker they are known to be billygoats.

Also, it got my wife and I in the same vehicle so we can talk.
As long as I let her drive we are having fun!

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Was researching SXS's as I never had one and wanted to get something to plow snow, yard work, etc. Honda Pioneer's came up in my first Google search (didn't even know Honda made a SXS at the time) and some results from this site also popped up. Clicked the link and started reviewing what everyone on this site had to say and here I am.

I actually lurked around for quite a while before creating an account and becoming a member. It happened when I received a message saying something to the effect that "I have used up all of my guest log-ons and had to create an account to view the forum". I thought to myself "what an asshole site"....and I couldn't create an account quick enough LOL.

Big thanks to @Hondasxs and everyone else who make this site run smoothly. I have learned a ton here. :cool:

#NTC

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!