P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Knocked out another one of those "I've had it for a while, just need to get it installed".

Finished installing the NOCO genius2D direct mount 2A battery charger. I also installed the NOCO GCP1 AC port plug so that all I have to do is pop the rubber plug and plug a standard 3-prong extension cord in. No need to pop the hood or play with heavy transformers. Props to @Remington, as I first saw this setup on his bike and thought it was the cat's meow.

2022 08 21 171438 2022 08 21 171454 2022 08 21 171508

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I finally installed a bilge fan and the heat shield. I took the seat back and trim out and wrapped it up and over the back of the upper frame then reinstalled the seat and trim parts on top of the insulation. Don’t know if the heat shield is going to reduce the heat but it sure reduced the sound from the engine compartment! It was worth the effort for that alone‼️

95319E80 DD4D 4D42 BA2A EF7119FD1061

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I finally installed a bilge fan and the heat shield. I took the seat back and trim out and wrapped it up and over the back of the upper frame then reinstalled the seat and trim parts on top of the insulation. Don’t know if the heat shield is going to reduce the heat but it sure reduced the sound from the engine compartment! It was worth the effort for that alone‼️

View attachment 349919

You've inspired me! I bought all the materials to do that, but put them aside and did the bilge blower mod to reduce seat heating. Once I can get up a bit better head of steam (had a heart attack a few months ago I was not even aware of - though things look to be semi-stable now), I'll proceed with the insulation mod.

brettc

brettc

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2020
Little Rock, AR & Crawford, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Whoa, glad you are recovering from the heart attack. I have a question - what is the general concensus for the material to use for the heat shield? I used the DEI kit, but that stuff is pretty nasty in my opinion, I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it seems worse than fiberglass to me. When flipping the seat up to get in the storage bin, or checking sub trans oil or something... I'm feeling it from then on. I did just remove it so I can have the dealer replace a leaky seal, I'd consider a different material if there was something good. Honestly, the DEI kit didn't knock my socks off. That with a fan is OK though.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Whoa, glad you are recovering from the heart attack. I have a question - what is the general concensus for the material to use for the heat shield? I used the DEI kit, but that stuff is pretty nasty in my opinion, I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it seems worse than fiberglass to me. When flipping the seat up to get in the storage bin, or checking sub trans oil or something... I'm feeling it from then on. I did just remove it so I can have the dealer replace a leaky seal, I'd consider a different material if there was something good. Honestly, the DEI kit didn't knock my socks off. That with a fan is OK though.

Save yourself the trouble and go with this. No silver, no sticky sh** and it works.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Install complete. No holes drilled in permanent plastic. Will need to shorten the wires at some point and clean it up under the hood…but for now all is coiled up in the extra battery hole. Mission
accomplished.
Pics because it happened.
F234E375 9340 42E9 ABF1 BD09EC5CF526
6493CF99 FC36 49D6 BADE 572EDC32BC4A
9F731CAB B85A 44C2 A014 351183759FBD
743F55F0 0F0E 48C7 B0C1 31D4F5443D54

advertisement
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I bought this, seems good quality, more insulation value than a windshield inside cover, which is basically only reflective to deal with radiant heat. I haven't installed it, but it was recommended in a previous post here.

Insulation

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought this, seems good quality, more insulation value than a windshield inside cover, which is basically only reflective to deal with radiant heat. I haven't installed it, but it was recommended in a previous post here.

Insulation
Yep, that's what I used as well... The roll is long enough to do at least 2 complete coverings of seat, seat back and over the air box. It comes with a little razor knife and some foil tape for sticking it to itself or to surfaces on the buggy...
I put it in place, trimmed it to fit, then placed the various components on top of it and used a punch to push through the various mounting holes to line up the frame holes behind the insulation. Reused the push pins to re mount the body pieces. The seat back proved to be difficult as I wrapped the frame member at top and it is recessed into the seat back... I placed it in position, then got in the front seat and pushed hard against the seat back enough to get the bolts started across the top and sides, then tightened them up one at a time...
Reduced rattles, quietened the engine compartment down... jury still out on heat reduction...
I will also probably line the empty compartment under the seat with it to reduce dust and add additional sound proofing to the under seat area.

brettc

brettc

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2020
Little Rock, AR & Crawford, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Insulation
"Polyethylene Closed Cell Reinforced Foam Core" definitely sounds less itchy than "composite glass-fiber core"

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!