P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was power washing the Honda the other day and noticed that my oil / DCT filter area had a good bit of dirt and oil buildup.

Cleaned off and dried the area, started the motor and I could see a slight drip coming down from the oil filter cover.

Decided to do another oil change right away so I could see what was going on. I remember when I last did the oil change, it felt like the cover didn't tighten down evenly...

Found the o-ring was partially crushed on that install. It's one of those lessons you always have to teach yourself - if something didn't feel right, stop, back up, and re-do it.

20230610 194802

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ordered up a new set of Interco Sniper 920, 28-10-14. Gonna put em on the stock wheels for now but will probably put new wheels on at some point for the ability to rotate. Checked all over and RMATV had the best price by far. I even got a phone call from them after my online order to confirm my mailing address as this was the first time ordering with them, i'm liking their customer service already ......

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was power washing the Honda the other day and noticed that my oil / DCT filter area had a good bit of dirt and oil buildup.

Cleaned off and dried the area, started the motor and I could see a slight drip coming down from the oil filter cover.

Decided to do another oil change right away so I could see what was going on. I remember when I last did the oil change, it felt like the cover didn't tighten down evenly...

Found the o-ring was partially crushed on that install. It's one of those lessons you always have to teach yourself - if something didn't feel right, stop, back up, and re-do it.

View attachment 391997
I did an oil change on the weekend and did exactly the same thing. installed a new o ring tint.

IMG 7760

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
advertisement
5seaterbeater

5seaterbeater

Jun 11, 2023
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Meh. Every item that gets added @ the factory means a higher price. I'd say a majority of buyers would not want (to pay the extra for) a wiper/washer kit. But I feel ya.
I meant the bracket that comes with the kit. It should be bent like I bent it. So it can mount in the middle instead of where the under seat storage box is.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ozark - Walmart seat pad for the rear seats, work pretty good. I sat my 6.1' 240 lb ass in the back a half day yesterday, and it wasn't bad.
They are about 6 bucks, fit well and easy to clean.
Edit: these suck after a few miles. All passengers said the oem seat was better.
20230618 100226

Last edited:
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ozark - Walmart seat pad for the rear seats, work pretty good. I sat my 6.1' 240 lb ass in the back a half day yesterday, and it wasn't bad.
They are about 6 bucks, fit well and easy to clean.
View attachment 392488
1 - That machine is way, way too clean. You should donate the mud busters to someone else.
2 - Wally Mart also sells duck hunter pads with 4 inches of butt lift and a usb port for battery heat that fit great in the rear. I think they were in the $20 range. I've never used the usb heater but the pads do the trick.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!