BOX1

P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Light duty tonight. Hydration station and transporter of certified organic combustible fuels. Happy Friday!
1E3EBCD9 AF50 43D5 A12C 49ACED39E734

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After reading that some wireless winch remotes can cross-frequency and activate winches nearby, I decided to put a power cut off switch on mine.
I cut the positive wire between the wireless remote receiver/activation unit and the battery, then spliced in this blue lighted rocker switch. There are tons of YouToob videos about powering the lighted switch.
Yes, I know the sticker sez electronics - I had it around and it will wash off next time I hose her down.
Anyway - now the blue lighted switch will be on if/when the wireless unit has power. No more wireless social distancing for me, baby!!

I've explained the other switches, but here goes again in case it gives someone an idea.
Far left is a lighted turn signal rocker (it's a street legal machine). Lighted blower rocker is for the 7" under-seat radiator fan - out blows air across the headers and out the back to keep the cab cooler in summer; the "in" ain't doing much until I find the right closeable vent to allow hot air to blow into the cab in the winter. The fan is ready. I just need to find the right closeable vent.
I drive right hand on wheel, including a lot of plowing (winching) which is forward and reverse a lot.
The lighted winch in/out is what it says. I like the location a lot in the dark, cold winter when I'm wearing gloves.
I hook my fingers in the cup holder and keep my thumb rested on the winch rocker. I makes it easy and stable for feathering the winch and steering while your eyes are watching where you are going and the float on the blade.

Another edit: be careful where you cut in the switches over on this side. Mine fit great, but I can't do much more on this side - and turn signal rocker can only fit lay down like it is, not stand up like the other two. The cup holder would interfere if installed differently (not that these cupholders are good for much).

Last edited:
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks sweet!

Is that an 8.5' car trailer?

What's in store for Phase 2?
Yes,
Pace Outback Deluxe VL something... tandem, 8.5" x 20' with, 6' 8" door height, the real reason I bought it.
Phase 1 was taking the factory quality up a few notches....
This is a medium priced rig but the workmanship sucked.

Wired for generator and shore power today.

Use it, several summer trips planned across the west.

Last edited:
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Build quality on all brands I looked at in this price range wasn't stellar. None better than any other - all name brands.
8.5' W x 20' L - 6'8" rear door height.
7000 # Dexter axles with electric brakes. 14" on center steel wall and roof frame. Single piece aluminum roof. Steel box iron Floor joists on 12" centers. Undercoating. 1 year everything warranty 5 year limited.

I've added 4 additional floor mount 5K# tiedowns. Painted interior 3/4" OSB walls ( Kilz primer and paint x 4 coats) and added floor covering over OSB 3/4" plywood (Tekton 64 - great coating). Added 3 7" DJI Offroad light bars that swivel, to supplement the 2 lame OEM interior lights.

Changed out the 3rd rear brake light and 4 of the marker lights since April. Oem wiring was a joke, but I'm particular.

Trailer loaded with gear and wheeler weighs 4950 pounds, so I have GVWR room for another wheeler or motorcycles. Pulls good.
Look Industries builds Pace and a whole bunch of other name brands.
No discounts out here...
20230521 081047
20230521 094225

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!