P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Currently in the garage taking measurements to try and figure out why my RR tire is wearing so fast... pressure is good, I'm not ripping donuts, brake is not dragging... so now I'm looking at the toe in/out
Turf Mode

Reactions: Backwoods
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
In turf mode, only one of your rear wheels pulls. The other free wheels unless you diff lock. Depending on your driving habits and surface, I could see the one tire wearing more than the other. A 2 wheel drive pickup that is driven spiritedly will wear one wheel quicker than the other

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
stays in turf mode most of the time until I need the locked rear end... figured out that it's more than an inch toed in 🤦‍♂️
Just to be clear, we're talking toed-in here, and not negative camber?

Reactions: Backwoods
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
toe in, the front of the measurement across the front of the rear tires is 1-1/8" less than the measurement across the rear of the rear tires.
Ok, yeah - sounds like maybe a bent arm. Even if your hub bushings were completely shot I dont think it could be off that much.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added a winch remote disable switch. Just in case.

IMG 7535

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
where are you guys getting these extended latches? TY
I have some black anodized now. If anyone wants to send theirs back to me and get it done it would take about 2 weeks after I get it to get them back to you.

Fits in $7.25 flat rate USPS envelope, be sure to bubble wrap well so no damage is done in shipping.

Cost $32 total, Paypal friends and family to [email protected] . $25 for the black anodize and $7.25 for shipping back to you.

Please don't ship until we have touched based, I don't want to get them 1 at a time. Hoping if people want this done to get a few to send to plater at the same time.

Send to

WFOSXS
40107 215th Ave
Goodhue, MN 55027

Thanks

View attachment 166906

O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In turf mode, only one of your rear wheels pulls. The other free wheels unless you diff lock. Depending on your driving habits and surface, I could see the one tire wearing more than the other. A 2 wheel drive pickup that is driven spiritedly will wear one wheel quicker than the other
Not exactly true. Just like the car/truck you operate on the highways, it is equipped with a differential, which applies equal power to both driven axles (tires), UNTIL one has ENOUGH less traction due to surface variations (or mud/snow/ice, etc) than the other, which will cause the one with MORE traction to LOSE power, as the less traction tire will begin to spin. If the spinning is uncontrolled, you will stop moving once the kinetic energy of original vehicle movement is used up.

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
where are you guys getting these extended latches? TY
I didn't know about the one Jankyeye showed. The one I purchased is detailed in this thread.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda OEM Mirror mounts with soft upper doors.
These could likely work with any mirror' mount bolt pattern.

Contact @tjoreo for a great engineered solution to mirror mounts for Honda Soft Upper Doors.

These 3D printed mirror mounts are made specifically to fit your Honda Pioneer and Oem soft upper doors.

The quality is excellent and the design is intuitive to real world accessory fit.
Made by a forum member for the benefit of us all.
Dirtstiff approved!!
Thanks again!

20240316 173522

20240204 154404

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!