P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

SALTYone

SALTYone

Lifetime Member
Dec 15, 2020
Usa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dropped in a second battery and fuse block, Isolated it with a magnetic solenoid. Used a key on power harness from the club store to power the solenoid. Then added a switch bank and voltage meter. Finished the day with installing the seat belt bypass harness from the club store. Next up is the Viper Elite winch!

20210211 155401 20210220 171533

bluemountainbugler

bluemountainbugler

Nov 27, 2020
Walla Walla Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added a XM Bluetooth UTV kit to pair up with my Swamp Donkey stereo. Very nice clear sound. Used the hard wire kit and includes the case to keep the dirt and water out of the radio which also allows use of the push buttons thru the plastic window. Nice to be able to use a portable radio so I can move to several different vehicles including the truck I drive for work.IMG 4087IMG 4088IMG 4089

M

Medic828

Sep 7, 2020
Central Ky.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spent the little bit of free time I've had over the last couple of weeks or so getting a dual battery system and new switch panel ready to install, and mounting some lights. Hopefully all done soon. I left the warning label on and marked my panel outline on it since ink marks were easier to see on it. Then removed what was left of it. Last thing I have to wait on is the wire loom I ordered. Battery InstallDash panelDash Panel 2DashLightbarRear LightsSide Light LSide Light R

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
[mention]Medic828 [/mention] What lights and mounts did you use for side lights? Looks like the perfect setup for staying inside roll cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

Honda_Dave

Apr 8, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was a good weekend up north to fish. Almost 40 degrees. The pioneer is the ultimate ice fishing rig, my opinion. You can turn it into whatever you need (thanks to the great help from all the people on this forum)
Side view

M

Medic828

Sep 7, 2020
Central Ky.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
[mention]Medic828 [/mention] What lights and mounts did you use for side lights? Looks like the perfect setup for staying inside roll cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ISFFR1K/?tag=sxsweb24-20

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-18022C-B-Waterproof-Off-Road-Warranty/dp/B081DTRC46/?tag=sxsweb24-20

The front edge of light is just inside the outside edge of roll cage. Mounts worked but had to use without the foam that came with them and really had to crank on bolt that holds the two pieces together to alleviate movement, can still be wiggled a little by hand. We'll see how well the lights hold up being a cheap brand.

Mount

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finished a GMRS radio install for next months Ticaboo Utah trip, took idog for what may be the last snow ride of the season to test it. Shockingly, I'm getting a vswr of 1.03 which is way beyond what I expected from this Laird 1/4 wave ngp antenna. The GMRS is under the bigger Kenwood ham rig.
20210305 130041
20210305 130034
20210305 130139

advertisement
R

rickoshea

finally got my replacement wireless winch controller installed.man i hate chinese crap.went to screw it down and the thing cracked at the screw hole for the mount.thank god for all round.i was going to epoxy it but i'll probably have to replace it in the future.

R

rickoshea

it's been unusually warm the last couple of days.2 ft of snow on the lake has turned into slush under the top 1 ft. layer of snow,but the ice is still 17" thick.impossible to do any ice fishing.it's starting to get cold again so this morning i went out with the plow and cleared slush off a half dozen spots to put the ice hut.hopefully it will freeze nice and smooth for some fishing tomorrow.i know,i know.pics to follow.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!