Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have a honda pioneer 520. Wanting some 30 inch all terrain truck tires on it. What is the minimum amount of lift and a arms I will need?
You bought the wrong machine for what you're trying to do. It can be done but it'll cost a bunch of money, good amount of work and you'll be left with a machine that'll probably break stuff. SATV forward arched A arms, probably going to need portals for that big and heavy of a tire. You'll need to spread the stance considerably to have any stability. Again, it can be done but it's not the ideal platform for that build.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You bought the wrong machine for what you're trying to do. It can be done but it'll cost a bunch of money, good amount of work and you'll be left with a machine that'll probably break stuff. SATV forward arched A arms, probably going to need portals for that big and heavy of a tire. You'll need to spread the stance considerably to have any stability. Again, it can be done but it's not the ideal platform for that build.
Well said. MY guess is that he dosnt really have a 520 and is a poo poo infiltrator like u said its just not the platform. 🤣 Lets see……
I have a honda pioneer 520.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Boy that was a reserved answer!

Reactions: trigger
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
My 520 has 28's with wheel spacers. They touch on tight turns, but it is at a slow speed so no problem. I use 32's on the back in 2WD for my desert and mountain truck trails. I had to trim the bed plastic a little to clear the 32's. Top speed is 50 mph so I can cruise at 35 to 45 without hitting the rev limiter. For my sand wash rides I put the 28's back on so I can use 4WD.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!