P700 what do you guys with 28" tires carry as spare?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You guys that run 28 inch tires....what rim do you use for a spare? I have a set of brand new 25 stocks but I don't think I can use them and if I get a 28 mounted up on a spare rim do I want to use the front rim or is there a different off set to use....It will be just to get me back to truck for repairs.....Even if you don't have 28's whats the right choice.

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You guys that run 28 inch tires....what rim do you use for a spare? I have a set of brand new 25 stocks but I don't think I can use them and if I get a 28 mounted up on a spare rim do I want to use the front rim or is there a different off set to use....It will be just to get me back to truck for repairs.....Even if you don't have 28's whats the right choice.
I have 14x27's, bought 2- 27x12's to mount on stock rims. I figure if i ruin a tire on the trail i would put a stock rim in its place untill got back to truck. Then put the matching stock wheel to match the other.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
The front stock rim will fit on the rear but the stock rear rim doesn't fit on the front unless you're running wheel spacers.

Best choice is a 28" tire on a stock front rim, or, what I did is order a black steel rim from Rocky Mountain to mount the spare to.

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
The front stock rim will fit on the rear but the stock rear rim doesn't fit on the front unless you're running wheel spacers.

Best choice is a 28" tire on a stock front rim, or, what I did is order a black steel rim from Rocky Mountain to mount the spare to.
thanks Tflynn that's what I will do as well.I have a set of foreman rims

Reactions: Tflynn
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes the studs are smaller but appeared the bolt pattern worked. But I just figured if I screwed the rim up then I may as well have a perfect match

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You have to love Rocky Mountain ATV,I ordered the rim ,tire, and fox Nomads mx pants on Sunday and they came this morning.

Reactions: Tflynn
Azcardinal

Azcardinal

Jun 15, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have 28x10x14 tusk terra bytes on 14x7 with 5 2 offset. I keep my stock front rim and tire with me. Stock front will fit front or back. I want to mount and I am currently looking for ideas myself. I also put on 1.5 spacer in rear to help more with tilt. Very happy with setup, rides alot better and safer.

Reactions: swsebek and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!