Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought a 700 in 2016. A month later the 1000 was released. The value of my 700 immediately dropped.
Trade in offers were embarrassing.

I wonder if the 1000 value will react similarly with the release of the Talon.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd say it is pretty likely. Might only be a couple year thing though. I could see the prices rebounding a bit once the fire sales for the must have the latest/greatest crowd slows down.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
A little bit not to the same degree... you’re talking about a utility vs utility compared to a utility vs a sport. Different markets so different reactions.

I would agree with that, I would venture to guess the Talon models will only entice 15-20% of current Pioneer 1000 owners to sell or trade, some will keep the P1K (like me) and add a Talon when I can afford it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I would agree with that, I would venture to guess the Talon models will only entice 15-20% of current Pioneer 1000 owners to sell or trade, some will keep the P1K (like me) and add a Talon when I can afford it.
I’m like you and want to add and from what I’ve seen I think most will be in same boat. I figured more would swap out then that percentage. Still a fairly large percentage though considering the past with Honda and everyone keeping them forever. Very curious how it does affect things.
Honda use to be so slow at new models that this is kinda new. They’ve done a lot in a short time with Sxs. I know it doesn’t always seem like it from my posts but I’m proud of what they’ve accomplished in short time.

Reactions: Mudwing and sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thats me, unless Honda come out with a Talon P-4??????????

Reactions: CumminsPusher
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I honestly doubt the Talon will effect the Pioneer values much at all. They have two different uses, and for the most part, two different buyers.
While I know one would be fun.. It would do nothing for me. I have to have a bed to haul stuff in.. both to work around the place, and when I go play.. to put the cooler, chainsaw, tools, etc in. Plus, how are you gonna do an overnight camp ride with a Talon? Where you gonna put the extra fuel, and all your gear? You won't.
It's strictly a base camp and back machine. Not what I'm after at all.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!