P1000m3 What gauge battery cable to the 2nd fuse block?

G

GGreen

May 18, 2018
Amherst, MA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just finished the bracket and install for my dual battery setup. Installed a Blue Sea Systems 6 circuit fuse block (with negative) which I will wire accessories to.

Now I need to connect the new fuse block to the second battery (Odyssey).

Question: What is the proper gauge cable to connect the second battery to the second fuse block, to power the accessories? The cables will be under 24" long, allowing for some slack.

Thanks for replies!

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just finished the bracket and install for my dual battery setup. Installed a Blue Sea Systems 6 circuit fuse block (with negative) which I will wire accessories to.

Now I need to connect the new fuse block to the second battery (Odyssey).

Question: What is the proper gauge cable to connect the second battery to the second fuse block, to power the accessories? The cables will be under 24" long, allowing for some slack.

Thanks for replies!
6 or 8

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used 6 gauge with no issues. That should give it plenty of power for a typical 6 circuit fuse block. Same one I used. 100 amp total for that fuse block, 30 amp max each circuit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!