P500 What not to do with your new P500!

M

mercert1

Aug 25, 2017
Westminster, CO
Ownership

1. 500
After getting some break in miles at a friends farm in eastern Colorado Saturday 9/2 I decided to take my new machine into the mountains today (Monday Labor Day 9/4) to trails I have ridden hundreds of times over the years! These trails are at about 8500' and higher 70 miles west of Denver.
After about 1-1/2 miles up the hill the trail splits and I chose the technical way up and about 200 yards in this happened! I was stunned how easily it laid over and it was almost comical like Arty Johnson on laugh in when he would lay over his tricycle except it was not funny! I got a hip pointer and a scraped elbow out of the deal but the buggy got it worse! (YES, I was wearing a helmet!) you can see in the picture this trail is very dished out with steep side walls and I was up too high to the right and over she went! A passing jeeper helped me get her upright again! Kudos to him for stopping to help! An hour later I came across a jeep wrangler tipped severely on a side hill and my little P500 pulled that Wrangler out of his predicament! (I failed to get any pics of that adventure!)

The damage to my new machine is all cosmetic but still it is a brand new machine and I would prefer to get mars and dings without laying it over! I road much more conservatively the rest of the day!

Tim

IMG 3009

W

WillB

May 29, 2017
Churchill,Ontario
After getting some break in miles at a friends farm in eastern Colorado Saturday 9/2 I decided to take my new machine into the mountains today (Monday Labor Day 9/4) to trails I have ridden hundreds of times over the years! These trails are at about 8500' and higher 70 miles west of Denver.
After about 1-1/2 miles up the hill the trail splits and I chose the technical way up and about 200 yards in this happened! I was stunned how easily it laid over and it was almost comical like Arty Johnson on laugh in when he would lay over his tricycle except it was not funny! I got a hip pointer and a scraped elbow out of the deal but the buggy got it worse! (YES, I was wearing a helmet!) you can see in the picture this trail is very dished out with steep side walls and I was up too high to the right and over she went! A passing jeeper helped me get her upright again! Kudos to him for stopping to help! An hour later I came across a jeep wrangler tipped severely on a side hill and my little P500 pulled that Wrangler out of his predicament! (I failed to get any pics of that adventure!)

The damage to my new machine is all cosmetic but still it is a brand new machine and I would prefer to get mars and dings without laying it over! I road much more conservatively the rest of the day!

Tim

View attachment 53342

Ouch! That hurts. Are you going yo add wherl spacers? Glad you are ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and rocmar
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Glad you and the P500 were able to make it back home under your own power.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I gotta agree with elkguide on that lol. It's fun sometimes to go back (after your back out of trouble) and know when and where you were by those marks. Glad you weren't hurt Too bad that's what matters. Great pic!

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Those aren't scratches.

Those are memory marks.

Good times are good to remember!!!!!!!!

Scars are souvenirs. ...you never lose.....
haha

Reactions: sharp
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500

Tim

View attachment 53342
Look for the positive, by tipping it over you can easily see how crappy the factory skid is.

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisC
M

mercert1

Aug 25, 2017
Westminster, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Look for the positive, by tipping it over and can easily see how crappy the factory skid is.
yeah! I got a good look at it and have added 1/4" aluminum A arm protectors front and rear, I ordered 2" spacers for the front and rear next priority is new Walker Evans front shocks and then I will look at new heavy duty skid plates with the thought of adding bottom weight to help more with the tipping issue!

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
BRIGHT SIDE ! It's not rzr so it didnt catch on fire ! ;)

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
BRIGHT SIDE ! It's not rzr so it didnt catch on fire ! ;)
Careful Huck, that whiny Polaris guy that was stalking our forum a while back may still be lurking and he will get all stirred up.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Careful Huck, that whiny Polaris guy that was stalking our forum a while back may still be lurking and he will get all stirred up.
Wooo wooo . I have a RZR and they banned me for life from the rzr forum because I voiced my opinion of how nicely Polaris took care of there customers after their no ride recall N O T ! It took my dealer over a year to get mine done . Of course I new what they were going to do so I checked to be sure mine was as safe as a Pol. could be and rode it . Just think of the thousands of folks who spent12-25 grand on them and then were told not to ride them . Oh of course they did not extend warranty because it ran out while you were waiting for your recall to get done .
If he is stalking here it would just be to see what happy customers are like .

Reactions: Bad_bowtie

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!