BOX1

P500 Will not shift

T

Twotiedye

Feb 28, 2021
Nome, AK
Ownership

1. 500
I bought my pioneer 500 in August. I drove it no problem for 2 months. It sat for 3 months. 3 days ago it stopped shifting into reverse. Now it will not shift up or down. Help

Reactions: J80
wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
If it sat for that long I would check and see if a critter chewed on the wires, it seems to be a common problem
That is exactly what happened to my Toyota Tundra several years back. Chewed the wires in the console and it wouldn't shift. Had to use a screwdriver under that little bypass button on the console. On most consoles of autos there is a little square plastic tab you can pop out and insert a screwdriver or whatever to reach a bypass button that lets you shift. Good to know when you need it. Just like the bypass under the seat of a P520.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Very likely mice have gotten in there and suggest you disconnect the battery before making any repairs. If the wires are fine, then I would make sure the battery is topped off with a charge, because these units like/need a strong battery for the shifting to occur correctly, been there done that. Also, I suggest getting something like this to toss under the dash when not in use to keep the mice away, https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...RwItyO4FSoPticucjdEj-MGdL_PuKeW8aAoc6EALw_wcB

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Could be Low Voltage :
Setting 3 months -- there is a slight drain on the Battery all the time. ( same as cars & tks )
Battery Maintainer --- disconnecting the Battery --- Battery Shut Off Switch -- Solar Battery Maintainer ( Needed for Long Term Storage ) anyone of them wil do the trick.

Clean all Battery cnnections & all ground connections
Charge the Battery
Check with Volt meter ( Before & After ) Charging.
Retry

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
DAMN ! It's OVEr . Give me your address and I will pick it up and get it out of your hair .

• Haha
Reactions: J80 and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I bought my pioneer 500 in August. I drove it no problem for 2 months. It sat for 3 months. 3 days ago it stopped shifting into reverse. Now it will not shift up or down. Help
Ok, its been since March 1. Did you find the problem? Enquiring minds want to know. LOL

Reactions: Mbradley42 and J80
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!