HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
You'll need a trailer with a minimum size of 6 1/2' by 12'. 6 1/2' by 14' will allow a little extra cargo space and might be better

This is what I bought:

I wanted short as possible for easy storage in my garage.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
Rtcole

Rtcole

Feb 16, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Thanks for the info. Probably not gonna haul anybody else’s stuff on the trailer. Kids are all grown and have their own equipment. As i said earlier only gonna haul my sxs and golf cart. I have another 10’ trailer to use here on the place. My longest haul would be to the lake (2 hours) away and the camp which has me leaning to the single axle trailer and maybe even aluminum to make it easier for me to move around.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you try loading your machine backwards? Might offer more tongue weight.

Check for windshield issues if you are going to tow with the machine loaded backwards. I don't think it's an issue with glass, but my two Lexan windshields (Kolpin and Seizmik) say you should never open tow with the machine backwards - passing a semi close could tear the panels off the mounts.

I think the minimum for a P1k-5 is 12 feet. You can go as small as 10 if the tailgate doesn't hit the machine, but 12 feet gives you a little more room for gas cans, gear and tongue weight balancing. I saw the OP's tow vehicle was a Raptor, so weight isn't a big deal.

I had a heavy dual axle trailer behind a 4Runner and decided to pay a bit more for an Aluma 6812H (68" inside width and 12' inside length) with the "H" being a heavier 3,000# axle. They also make a 14 footer, and that would've been a good option, too. I either had to buy a bigger truck or a lighter trailer. I installed brakes, but you wouldn't need those if towing with a Raptor. Going to a smaller aluminum trailer saved 1,100# of weight I didn't need to lug around.

The trailer weighs under 700#, I can move it around by hand, and it doesn't have to be registered (no annual tax) in Utah. This is my Teryx4 on the trailer. My P1k-5 is a little wider and shorter, but still fits perfectly.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 6x10 dump trailer with ramps. It came with 4 D-rings in the bed. Naturally, the tires sit right on the D-rings. I put chain thru the D-rings to attach tie down straps to, had to crawl in under the machine to get it fastened down. I made it work to get it home, but now I’m looking at wheel nets and more D-rings to make things easier for future towing.
So I’m on the fence. Get a more UTV friendly trailer, or use what I have and make it work. Having a dump trailer is handy, and I really don’t want two trailers in the yard.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 6x10 dump trailer with ramps. It came with 4 D-rings in the bed. Naturally, the tires sit right on the D-rings. I put chain thru the D-rings to attach tie down straps to, had to crawl in under the machine to get it fastened down. I made it work to get it home, but now I’m looking at wheel nets and more D-rings to make things easier for future towing.
So I’m on the fence. Get a more UTV friendly trailer, or use what I have and make it work. Having a dump trailer is handy, and I really don’t want two trailers in the yard.

To avoid the crawl, how about cutting two holes in the trailer front, next to the deck. You can attach the front tie downs with a "messenger line" and run those up the middle of the trailer before loading. The messenger is then used to pull the tie downs through the front holes etc. You could make covers for the holes when not needed.

Reactions: Lady01
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Have a photo of the trailer? You don't have to tie the buggy DOWN, just locate it on the trailer. If it has sides, you can run the straps over the top edge and hook them on the outside.

I tie as high on the trailer as possible so I'm not compressing the suspension.
I dKVTVbh XL

Or, no downward pull at all, only location -
I kfKrkPV XL

Rear -
I CH4kNnF XL

Last edited:
Reactions: StewB and Lady01
JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@CID and @bumperm Thanks for the suggestions. I’m hesitant to put holes in the tub because if I decide to replace the trailer those holes will surely decrease the resale value. I’m not real keen on running straps over the side rails either, I can’t see where that’s a secure way to keep the machine in the trailer in the event of a mishap. And there’s abrasion to consider.
I’m going to add 8 more D-rings, front and back of each tire, and use wheel nets. That way, if I hate it, I can sell the dump trailer and use the wheel nets on the flat trailer I replace it with.
NOT compressing the suspension is, in my opinion, the best way to go.

Reactions: Lady01
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 7 x14 Eagle Iron single axle.
I added heavy duty 15" rims, heavier load rated - radial trailer tires, Timken bearings and seals, along with self adjusting Dexter electric breaks.
It pulls and breaks great but would be better in a tandem axle.
It's on the edge of the GVWR.
Get a tandem with dual axle brakes, if you can swing it.
I hope to add a covered tandem this summer.
View attachment 312647
8.5' x 20' Pace with 80" door height.

Last edited:
advertisement
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have an Aluma 6812H.
It's great for an open carry (yep) with an added ebrake behind my 4 Runner.
Can't haul too much more than my 2021 P1K5 and stuff, but it's just right and below the weight where I'd have to pay annual registration in Utah. [Pic is of my Teryx 4 on the same trailer)

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Pace 8.5 x 20 7k - 80" door cargo trailer
Anybody have any experience with Pace outback cargo trailers?
I'm going to put hold$ on it tomorrow and buy Saturday. Leaves 1443 pounds added cargo weight with the wheeler loaded.
Thanks

Pace used to be one of several quality trailers a buyer could count on but in recant years Pace and the other excellent old brands have been forced to offer cheaper models to compete with the crap built in Elkhart/Goshen.

If you want a quality, long-lasting trailer Pace is a good choice but don't buy the low end models.

D

Drose807

Sep 7, 2022
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I found a 1 year old tractor supply Carry-On brand,
tandem axle trailer on FB marketplace for $2800. I went tandem as it’s my only trailer and can be used for anything else necessary! I added X tracks to it and found short 8’ straps just to use for the tires. No big mess when trying to unwrap or wrap them when finished. I’ve always been one to go a little bigger than needed. I plan to have a youth bike or atv on the back for my kid in the next few years. 5501a39532b7d18e27cb7c57ef236702
A36ee767a53194b7c139f1d6edd6bc19
41ba110c8e5c4bd5121b187c72c0afa0
Ddbaba64be937b7c3ba53b96d244178e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I found a 1 year old tractor supply Carry-On brand,
tandem axle trailer on FB marketplace for $2800. I went tandem as it’s my only trailer and can be used for anything else necessary! I added X tracks to it and found short 8’ straps just to use for the tires. No big mess when trying to unwrap or wrap them when finished. I’ve always been one to go a little bigger than needed. I plan to have a youth bike or atv on the back for my kid in the next few years. View attachment 383818
View attachment 383819
View attachment 383820
View attachment 383821, 20 foot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
18 Foot minimum, 20 foot better, tandem and brakes on both axels.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!