P1000 What size screws for dash panel

Cely1932

Cely1932

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2021
Loveland, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good, I have similar, but sometimes the handles get in the way to prevent using the tool - it's good to have an in-line tool also.
I also have an inline tool but rarely get to use it. This manual tool from McMaster-Carr is great for tight places. It has a very coarse left hand pitch and works awesome.

Screenshot 20220212 161632 McMaster

Reactions: Lady01
JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m glad to have read this, I was eyeballing the PBR stuff pretty hard.

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you buy the panel or fab it yourself? Would be interested in pics if you have them...
I don't mean to answer for anyone else, but this is available on Azon. Plastic but no issues. My Perrier (LOL) goes in the left and my phone goes in the right unless I have a passenger. Second pic is with switches and black screws installed.

Cup Dash

Last edited:
Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put my panel on with these. I had to take if off and put it back a few times. Easy peasy.

Screw

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put my panel on with these. I had to take if off and put it back a few times. Easy peasy.

View attachment 319342

Easy peasy, yes, but made for sheet rock and wood decks (usually longer version), that sort of thing. The course thread pitch makes it's own threads so no nut or threaded insert is needed. However, they are not used for thinner materials or in automotive or other vehicle applications for good reason. Due to the coarse thread pitch, the number of threads in the contact area will be minimal when fastening thin substrates. Thus the screw will tend to not have good purchase or resistance to loosening due to vibration, panel flexure, etc. Will they work for ABS panel plastic? Absolutely, though I think a round head screw or other non countersink type machine screw, going into a threaded nut or insert, will prove to be a more secure fastener in this application.

Disclaimer: The above is but one man's opinion, not meant to demean other choices, different opinions, that's why there's blonds, brunettes, and red-heads . . . come to think of it, I like 'em all!

• Haha
Reactions: Yakman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!