P1000 What tire?

B

Bubbadoyle

Mar 28, 2017
Lodi WI
I’ve read through a bunch of the info on this page but still no idea what tire I want or need. I’ll be purchasing a 1000-5 deluxe or le very soon. I’m positive I do not want the stock tires. One lasted me less than 5 miles on my 2016 1000-5 deluxe. I’ll be doing a fair amount of riding on pavement. Lots of road routes around my land. I’m in Wisconsin so that limits me to low pressure tires so truck tires will not be an option. Quite often I’ll be riding at my property on mud. It’s not deep mud but just wet and muddy. I also have some steep hills with loose rock. This is where I tore a sidewall on an original tire. I use it a lot for ice fishing as well so something that works well on snow and ice is needed as well. I’d guess 90 percent of the riding will be between pavement and ice fishing. I’d really like some opinions on what everyone thinks fits best for this kind of use. If anyone one has a suggested value on new take off tires I’d appreciate that as well. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sounds like something along the lines of EFX motoclaws or Tusk Terrabites should suit your riding. They both do very well on the road and are DOT rated.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been really happy with my Quadboss QBT846 tires for riding in WI. I have the 28x10x14s

FB IMG 1546793840491

Reactions: Plumber32
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How does the kid move he looks like he would be safe even if he fell out of an airplane safety first Honda rides

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How does the kid move he looks like he would be safe even if he fell out of an airplane safety first Honda rides

He's pretty happy. We have him set up with a car seat so he's harnessed in place. He typical wears a rain coat to keep dry. He also wears a EVS youth neck brace to support his helmet. His favorite part of riding is passing RZRs and hitting mud holes

B

biesty

Jul 12, 2017
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve read through a bunch of the info on this page but still no idea what tire I want or need. I’ll be purchasing a 1000-5 deluxe or le very soon. I’m positive I do not want the stock tires. One lasted me less than 5 miles on my 2016 1000-5 deluxe. I’ll be doing a fair amount of riding on pavement. Lots of road routes around my land. I’m in Wisconsin so that limits me to low pressure tires so truck tires will not be an option. Quite often I’ll be riding at my property on mud. It’s not deep mud but just wet and muddy. I also have some steep hills with loose rock. This is where I tore a sidewall on an original tire. I use it a lot for ice fishing as well so something that works well on snow and ice is needed as well. I’d guess 90 percent of the riding will be between pavement and ice fishing. I’d really like some opinions on what everyone thinks fits best for this kind of use. If anyone one has a suggested value on new take off tires I’d appreciate that as well. Thanks.

Just purchased Quadboss 846 tires 28"-10" and beadlock wheels I think they will be great on my Pk5

Reactions: ToddACimer
B

Bubbadoyle

Mar 28, 2017
Lodi WI
Just purchased Quadboss 846 tires 28"-10" and beadlock wheels I think they will be great on my Pk5

Pretty sure that’s what I’m going with as well.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have BFG Mud Terrain KM3 for UTV 30x10x14. Only had 1 ride and they are nice. Much smoother than Roctanes. Haven't really put them to the test yet, but are very stable

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you running any spacers on the rear?

I have 1" spacers in the rear. It makes the front and rear track width match. I'm probably 2-3" wider than stock

IMG 20180927 181651

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!