Multi What winch you using

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I have a warn 2k that I originally had on my 98 foreman. Luckily for me I really don't drive in mud, the winch is mainly used for lifting the plow and dragging trees out of the trail. I've taken it apart a few times throughout its life and rebuilt/relubed it and to this day it still works like a champ.

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
It's funny, right after I bought my toy, I got the front winch. Had a blast putting it in, but the whole time my wife was bugging me, do we really need a winch?

On our first ride just after May long last year, we went out on our own. Found a long shallow water/mud track. Felt ok to walk through. Well we made it about 2/3 the way through and it sunk, the mud interfaced with the skid plate and we stopped. So I run the winch out to the tree, grab my tree saver and proceed to set it up. Found out quickly that this tree too large around, and my cable is at the end with a too short tree saver. I had to use a rotten tree beside this one. It pulled it out, and my wife has nothing more to say about the need for a winch!!

TNMike

TNMike

Jul 31, 2016
TN
Ownership

1. 700-2
700-2 with Superwinch 4500 syn rope with KFI mount. Haven't had to pull myself out of anything yet but used it to dress out a few deer this season and pulled a dead buck out of a pond. Would buy again for sure.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't have much extra cash sitting around after purchasing the pioneer, so I ended up getting a Champion 4000 from Costco. I figured if I didn't like it I could always take it back. It actually has worked better then expected for $120. I use it for mainly plowing, but I have lifted the front of the rig up in a tree to work underneath, and used it to pull a full cow elk into the back of the rig. That paid for itself right there, and was the best use of it yet. I'll keep it until it quits then upgrade.

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I didn't have much extra cash sitting around after purchasing the pioneer, so I ended up getting a Champion 4000 from Costco. I figured if I didn't like it I could always take it back. It actually has worked better then expected for $120. I use it for mainly plowing, but I have lifted the front of the rig up in a tree to work underneath, and used it to pull a full cow elk into the back of the rig. That paid for itself right there, and was the best use of it yet. I'll keep it until it quits then upgrade.

I had looked at that one, but time and experience have me shy of inexpensive products. I am glad it's working for you and may consider this as me new rear winch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tramguage1
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had looked at that one, but time and experience have me shy of inexpensive products. I am glad it's working for you and may consider this as me new rear winch.

I'm not a mudder or anything like that, so I couldn't justify spending too much on one right away. I have put quite a few Champion winches on friends atvs over the years (6 to be exact) and they really seem to hold up to plowing at least. I have had more trouble with my warn on my foreman then they have combined. Figured it was worth a try, but if I thought I was going to really need it for a recovery winch, I probably would have looked at something else.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Warn Provantage 4500 steel cable on a P1000-5 Deluxe! I've had it on two sxs's and it has never failed! Other than cleaning no issues! so powerful pulled stuck/deserted Polaris Ranger from mud hole with no occupants! Figured if the owner came back they would be pleasently surprised!

advertisement
eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
Anyone have experience with the 4500 lb Superatv winch with synthetic rope? It looks like a good deal at $285 (- 10%)

JeffEvans

JeffEvans

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2016
Arlington, TN
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the Superwinch Terra 45 - S...been pleased so far! I got mine off Amazon when they ran them on sale. If you can wait, you can save $60 or so.

Reactions: Tramguage1
wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Superwinch terra 3500 on a 700-4. Used it a handful of times and it has worked great.

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneer 1000-5 with Warn Pro Vantage 4500. Haven't used it yet but have nothing to say negative about any Warn products I've had on other vehicles.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
64ccb998c63283a97db701c19ab8b08b

Synthetic

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!