P500 What would you like to see offered on 2017 P500 and how much would you pay?

What new features would you like to see on an update Pioneer 500 / How much more will you pay?

• DCT 5 speed Transmission with Hi /Lo range and full differential locker like Foreman Rubicon 500

Votes: 41 68.3%
  • Power Steering

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Increased suspension from 5.9" to 8.4" like Foreman Rubicon 500

Votes: 38 63.3%
  • Willing to pay $500 more for just power steering

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Willing to pay $750 more for power steering and added suspension travel.

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Willing to pay $1000 more more for all the above features

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Willing to pay $1250 more for all the above features

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
none because id have to sell mine and buy a new one hahahahah
Maybe not if they offer it on the new model I doubt it would be changed enough over the current that you wouldn't be able to upgrade our current machines. Honda has a tendency to use the same model and make minor changes over the years that is part of what makes them great. It also makes it nice as then parts are always available and upgrades etc. work for a wide range of the machines. my 2003 Foreman ES is not much different from my brothers 90 something Honda fortrax mostly the engine on mine is 450 and has ES most else is very much the same.

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I never liked the push button shift on the rancher and foreman ES and after owning automatic atvs I thought I could never go back,but I love the paddles on the p500.

H

hoggr9

Sep 10, 2014
Xenia, IL
Ownership

1. 500
More top speed. More suspension. Glovebox.dct trans.led headlight like p1k
I say possibly leave one model similar to current but offer some differnt trim options.
also better floorpan/front wheelwell protection.
dont get me wrong i REALLY like my p5 but with just a few refinement it qould be an incredible machine. I like all the options on the p1k but want the size of my p5

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I love my p5 but yes low range and locker would be awesome. Glove box will happen either way. I am hoping for aftermarket suspension upgrades.

gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm sure some of you guys might have seen it as well but I just got an email from Honda R&D. They wanted to know how I used my pioneer and asked about what improvements should be made. I echoed a lot of the suggestions in this thread. I also pointed them to this forum, this thread and my own reviews for more information. I feel like Honda did a great job listening to customers to get the pioneer line started and I think they are heading in a great direction by gathering more intel today!

They specifically asked for what activites you use your pioneer for, how long each session lasts, what you haul, what you would improve etc. It was a great survey

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm sure some of you guys might have seen it as well but I just got an email from Honda R&D. They wanted to know how I used my pioneer and asked about what improvements should be made. I echoed a lot of the suggestions in this thread. I also pointed them to this forum, this thread and my own reviews for more information. I feel like Honda did a great job listening to customers to get the pioneer line started and I think they are heading in a great direction by gathering more intel today!

They specifically asked for what activites you use your pioneer for, how long each session lasts, what you haul, what you would improve etc. It was a great survey

Nice to hear that, thanks for posting the information. The P500 with a DCT and power steering would attract another new group of potential customers who just doesn't want to shift all the time. It's already a great machine just can use some refinements to make it that much better.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Buy a 700...or 1000
you get...wat ya got....for the $
I feel my p500 goes plenty fast....
for wat I use it for...

No you are not reading, not faster, not more HP.

1. Increase suspension for better comfort and handling
2. DCT auto transmission with H/L range and front differential locker for ease of use and improve low traction functionality.
3. Power steering for less bump steer on rough trails.
4. You can't fit a P700 or P1K down a 50" ATV trail

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
To

2. DCT auto transmission with H/L range and front differential locker for ease of use and improve low traction functionality.
Excuse me....I was replying to hambone post. ..which said more power. ....you aren't reading it right

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
To

Excuse me....I was replying to hambone post. ..which said more power. ....you aren't reading it right
Seems like his post has been remove... but there's a window on top of my post that...says. wat he said

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

My bad JACKAL. ...HIS POST IS #2

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I feel that after ya get something...there's always ways to make it better
the best selling feature for the p500...is COST. .FACT checked
so improving...or adding....adds to cost...
then honda losses sales to other competitors

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
My bad JACKAL. ...HIS POST IS #2
I was referring to the Poll and theme of the thread in general. Cost is a nice thing Honda reliability is the selling point. More features that improves the ownership experience makes it that much more competitive.

Reactions: rocmar
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Cost and Honda reliability were the factors in my purchase with size in there also. Cost got my wife on board. I have wanted a sxs for years and years but Honda didn't make a smaller and less expensive till the P500. I will be getting a second one for the wife eventually.

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I was referring to the Poll and theme of the thread in general. Cost is a nice thing Honda reliability is the selling point. More features that improves the ownership experience makes it that much more competitive.
Acknowledge your mistake....
My post was to hambone post....
not yours....fact checked.....cost is p500 best selling feature

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
More features. ..apply more cost
there's up & coming competitors. ....
honda needs to keep cost down
or lose sales to them

H

hoggr9

Sep 10, 2014
Xenia, IL
Ownership

1. 500
Some including myself want more options in a 50" machine.
I would be willing to pay more to get what I want.
the p1k is nice if I could only wash it in hot water and get it to shrink I would be happy

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
reliability is true with those that have owned hondas if you never owned a honda reliability don't come in too play
#1 selling feature is price of the p500....check out all other prices for 50" wide utv
that compare to p500

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Some including myself want more options in a 50" machine.
I would be willing to pay more to get what I want.
the p1k is nice if I could only wash it in hot water and get it to shrink I would be happy

@hoggr9 Give it 18 months you might be pleasantly surprised with the P500 updates.

ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
reliability is true with those that have owned hondas if you never owned a honda reliability don't come in too play
#1 selling feature is price of the p500....check out all other prices for 50" wide utv
that compare to p500

Price can be a concern, but I think content relative to price is what gives the customer value. The P500 has a low entry price but has low content. Those that are good with a basic machine find value in the P500. I think Honda needs to offer a high content 50" machine at a higher price point if they have hope of appealing to the more broad 50" market. Like the poster above said, guys want what they want and are willing to pay for it. It is fine offering an entry level machine, but you have to follow that up with full content machines to keep everyone interested.

advertisement