P500 What would you like to see offered on 2017 P500 and how much would you pay?

What new features would you like to see on an update Pioneer 500 / How much more will you pay?

• DCT 5 speed Transmission with Hi /Lo range and full differential locker like Foreman Rubicon 500

Votes: 41 68.3%
  • Power Steering

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Increased suspension from 5.9" to 8.4" like Foreman Rubicon 500

Votes: 38 63.3%
  • Willing to pay $500 more for just power steering

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Willing to pay $750 more for power steering and added suspension travel.

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Willing to pay $1000 more more for all the above features

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Willing to pay $1250 more for all the above features

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters
ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
I hear ya....( hope you do
a build & share it here...
I feel Honda did well....
With the P500.

Some guys are happy with the P500, I am just not one of them and neither are a lot of others in the 50" market. The high content that I am talking about is the kind you cant easily bolt on like more suspension travel, more power (at least 700 cc), lockers, and auto tranny (like Rubicon). Call it at the P5 PLUS.
That's why they make chocolate and vanilla. Of the many appealing things about the P-500 is the standard tranny which is vastly superior to the automatic when negotiating the tight rough trails, and particularly when going down very steep trails where you don't have to wear out the breaks, almost never need them. My Po Po goes through breaks way more than this P-5 will.

I really liked my Rubicon tranny on the trails, both up and down hill. If you want to make everyone happy give it auto and manual capability. I don't see Honda offering chocolate yet, I only see vanilla. I hoping the more interesting flavors are still to be released.

I think there is great opportunity to really blow up this 50" market, it frustrates me that Honda wont do it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Only 2!!!!!!! Maybe sneak in 3 negative about the p5 and not in any order shocks front locker and lack of top end
Are you talking to me jak?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Some guys are happy with the P500, I am just not one of them and neither are a lot of others in the 50" market. The high content that I am talking about is the kind you cant easily bolt on like more suspension travel, more power (at least 700 cc), lockers, and auto tranny (like Rubicon). Call it at the P5 PLUS.

I really liked my Rubicon tranny on the trails, both up and down hill. If you want to make everyone happy give it auto and manual capability. I don't see Honda offering chocolate yet, I only see vanilla. I hoping the more interesting flavors are still to be released.

I think there is great opportunity to really blow up this 50" market, it frustrates me that Honda wont do it.
No one UTV is ever going to make everyone happy! The vast majority of P-5 owners are in fact very happy though. ;)

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny

How do u figure honda made a lego/ar15 sxs 50" wide you make it how you want it now when the after market picks up the pioneer 500 will be a serious player @ksss dont for 1 second tell me with my rancher i cant keep pace with stock 450s because ill call u out now lets not talk mod to mod because the aftermarket plays favorites YOU BUILD YOUR OWN RIDE THATS WHAT MAKES IT YOURS bah bah black sheep SNAP goes something on a polaris!!!!!! Now im not a popo hater i think their machines are crazy awesome but if i have to worry about walking home its no contest hey i can blast a 9 sec ago 1/4mile but spend 2 minutes walking back well in my eyes ur the loser

Reactions: Dp5hunter
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thinking about the P500 likely to get so updated love from HONDA in the future and that the ATV Foreman Rubicon with the same 475 CC motor is available with the following features not on the 2015/2016 P500:

5 Speed DCT with Hi / Lo Range transmission and full differential locker
Bump top Speed from 40 to 50 mph.
Power Steering
Improved suspension travel from 5.9" F/R to 7.25" & 8.5" F/R

Technically this should be a simple production line upgrade.

Make your wants known vote for all that apply multiple selections allowed.

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Thinking about the P500 likely to get so updated love from HONDA in the future and that the ATV Foreman Rubicon with the same 475 CC motor is available with the following features not on the 2015/2016 P500:

5 Speed DCT with Hi / Lo Range transmission and full differential locker
Bump top Speed from 40 to 50 mph.
Power Steering
Improved suspension travel from 5.9" F/R to 7.25" & 8.5" F/R

Technically this should be a simple production line upgrade.

Make your wants known vote for all that apply multiple selections allowed.
I agree that these features from rubicon would be great. They can be p500 plus and have the base and charge more for the plus.

I would love to see a pioneer trail sport similar to the wildcat trail with 700 cc, 50", better suspension, seats, bed, 4wd with locker, lower center of gravity and seat height I would pay the extra $3000 or more for this awesome trail machine. The wildcat looks awesome but it is not a Honda.

Reactions: jak9922
B

bmur66

Jul 23, 2015
Good Luck. I am still waiting on the Rincon power steering upgrade. This list of wants makes me steer away from the P500 although it is very attractive to me.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Good Luck. I am still waiting on the Rincon power steering upgrade. This list of wants makes me steer away from the P500 although it is very attractive to me.
It's still a tremendously fun ride. Just get one, and a few years from now when they've built a machine to your specs you can trade the P-5 in on it. ;)

advertisement
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
It's still a tremendously fun ride. Just get one, and a few years from now when they've built a machine to your specs you can trade the P-5 in on it. ;)
I agree get it you will love it. It will hold its value and you can upgrade later. You will not regret the P500 I plan to buy a second one in a few years and am hoping they have a sport so I can take that when I'm riding more open roads. I love my Forman 450 and P500 and would never part with either but sometimes I have a need for speed. I might just buy a dirt bike for that save the money and call it a day.

ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
I agree that these features from rubicon would be great. They can be p500 plus and have the base and charge more for the plus.

I would love to see a pioneer trail sport similar to the wildcat trail with 700 cc, 50", better suspension, seats, bed, 4wd with locker, lower center of gravity and seat height I would pay the extra $3000 or more for this awesome trail machine. The wildcat looks awesome but it is not a Honda.

I would pay more for it as well. If you look at others in the 50" market that is where they are priced at (about 3K more than a Honda) and they sell way more machines than does Honda at the higher price point. However it cant limit out at 38 mph, cant have 5" plus inches of travel and it cant have a sub 500 cc engine.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

With the width....& it already being tippy
more power...would make it very un safe
We trail ride....I've went fast...I love my
p500...relax dude...by 2017 Honda
will have there sporty stuff out
& hopefully it's wat your looking for

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I would pay more for it as well. If you look at others in the 50" market that is where they are priced at (about 3K more than a Honda) and they sell way more machines than does Honda at the higher price point. However it cant limit out at 38 mph, cant have 5" plus inches of travel and it cant have a sub 500 cc engine.
o_O just shaking my head come ride shotgun with me then tell me what the p5 cant do ok

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Sorry you aren't happy with your P500
I do know you could sell it....
& go buy wat ya want...I take it
you didn't test drive it....

ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
Sorry you aren't happy with your P500
I do know you could sell it....
& go buy wat ya want...I take it
you didn't test drive it....

I don't own a P500. I am a lifelong Honda owner who waited as long as I could for a SXS and finally bought a RZR in 2011. I have had good luck with the RZR but I would likely go back to Honda if they would only build a machine that would compete with a RZR. Maybe they will release these machines in 2017, but since the RZR's have been the top selling SXS since they came out in 09, I am baffled that Honda would take this long in competing for this part of the market. I just really want them to get it right when and if they actually do come to play for real.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don't own a P500. I am a lifelong Honda owner who waited as long as I could for a SXS and finally bought a RZR in 2011. I have had good luck with the RZR but I would likely go back to Honda if they would only build a machine that would compete with a RZR. Maybe they will release these machines in 2017, but since the RZR's have been the top selling SXS since they came out in 09, I am baffled that Honda would take this long in competing for this part of the market. I just really want them to get it right when and if they actually do come to play for real.
:rolleyes: And the F-150 is the number one selling pickup, even though we all know that Chevrolet is the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: ehart814
H

hoggr9

Sep 10, 2014
Xenia, IL
Ownership

1. 500
Keep current model as base for the entry price. Then make some upgraded models that include these other options....they all need more storage like a glovebox and maybe even throw in the underhood box standard. I dont need more top speed per say but lets say 45ish without being on the rev limiter...possibly even slightly lower seating position. Enabling lower cage and lower center of gravity which would make more stable.
Move the freakn battery to the front of the machine maybe under the hood where most all the elecronics are to make adding acc's simpler.....

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!