Multi What's everyone using for cleanup?

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I would be very careful using these items on the camo. Maybe tested in a small place first

Signature:

QUOTE by Eltobgi, Honda...Strong enough for the Farm!...Dependable enough for everything else!
That was my thought, but I figured I'd see if anyone has been there done that already or if I'll be the test mule..

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any idea if this stuff or the super clean for that matter will harm the camo graphics? I want to try it out but if it's going to kill my camo then I guess I'll have to try a different solution. Which sucks cuz this stuff seems like the way to go.
In wouldn't warranty any such statement, but it seems safe on everything I've used it in except it turns raw aluminium white

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
In wouldn't warranty any such statement, but it seems safe on everything I've used it in except it turns raw aluminium white
So don't get it on my skids and a arm guards is what you're saying.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If they are raw polished aluminum, no. If they aren't polished or clear anodized, then your good on that. I think you'd probably be ok on the camo, I just make sure mine is wet when I spray it

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Well happy to report that after a spot test the awesome cleaner didn't seem to hurt the camo. I did still have a bit of apprehension about it, probably for no good reason, so I just made sure to rinse it fast after a quick scrub with a tire/wheel brush. Seems to be just fine:)

J

JTW

Have any of you used this?

IMG 0649

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
FYI. I deal with a lot of powder coated aluminum. We do a lot of powder coated aluminum decking for decks, balcony's etc.. I had a customer that was using a "purple cleaner" to clean with and getting black spots on the deck. The product was "Heavy Duty Spray'n Wipe". It's a private label cleaner so no major brand names for it. I tested it over a week. The photos are at 100% concentration over 4 days. I also tested at 10% and it wasn't this bad but was heading in that direction. Aluminum is 6005A-T6, pretty identical to 6061-T6 with a AAMA 2604 powder (2nd high architectural rating).

MSDS for it:
111-76-2 Ethanol, 2-Butoxy- {Ethylene glycol n-butyl ether, Glycol Ether EB} 3.0 -7.0 %
1310-73-2 Sodium hydroxide {Caustic soda; Lye solution} 1.0 -5.0 %
6834-92-0 Silicic acid (H2SiO3), Disodium salt 1.0 -3.0 %

Looks to be real similar to the castrol superclean.

Severely ate into the aluminum and completely changed the powder color. I really had no idea this stuff was this rough.

I did a lot of testing with different chemicals on the decking and the safest and best working I found was the purple Krud Kutter Multipurpose cleaner. No damage or color change at 100% and cleaned a deck that was 8 years old at the back entrance of the facility really well.

Not sure how it will do on the Honda and I will test it sometime soon, if we ever get rain in Alabama again!

So, be careful with the cleaners and make sure you rinse them off very well if using a product with those chemicals around aluminum or anything powder coated.

IMG 20161014 113925775 IMG 20161014 113933743

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's only one cleaner you guys need to try. It's called Super Clean by Castrol. I mix it in a pump up sprayer and cut it 1:1 with water. I just spray it on the whole vehicle and then rinse it off.

The pioneer comes out looking like this.....

View attachment 21108

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

Wow I find this hard to believe just spray on then rinse. I have got to try it now thanks for the info.

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wow I find this hard to believe just spray on then rinse. I have got to try it now thanks for the info.

Knock the heavy dirt off first and the spray it on. I'll use it full strength if I spray it on while the pioneer is still wet. If the sun is out and it's hot, I'll mix it 50-50 so it won't be so harsh on dry plastic. I haven't had any ill affects yet. I've been using this stuff for 15 years and it's always been good but I'm care full not to use full strength and then forget to rinse it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!