Multi What's everyone using for cleanup?

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for. So, what's everyone using to clean up their Hondas? I'm finding it hard to get the mud stains off my seats using regular car wash soap...

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome cleaner from dollar tree or dollar general. Takes mud off of EVERYTHING! Spray it in and wait 10 sec and give it a light scrub and rinse. I use it on the whole car, suspension, tires and all. Then after its dry I spray the whole underside with tire shine so next time the dirt just falls off, plus it keeps suspension pieces from rusting.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Awesome cleaner from dollar tree or dollar general. Takes mud off of EVERYTHING! Spray it in and wait 10 sec and give it a light scrub and rinse. I use it on the whole car, suspension, tires and all. Then after its dry I spray the whole underside with tire shine so next time the dirt just falls off, plus it keeps suspension pieces from rusting.
name?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome Cleaner. And bonus, its only a buck at dollar tree. I buy it by the gallon for like 3 bucks at dollar general and put it in my pump sprayer

Screenshot 20160827 085123

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There's only one cleaner you guys need to try. It's called Super Clean by Castrol. I mix it in a pump up sprayer and cut it 1:1 with water. I just spray it on the whole vehicle and then rinse it off.

The pioneer comes out looking like this.....

25245deabe73dffe1b08780b58a82980

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Buy it by the gallon jug from Walmart where it's cheaper. They also sell it at O'Reillys but it's a couple dollars more per gallon. They sell it next to the motor oil at Walmart.

I'll try to find some before and after pics.

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here is a true before and after shots. I didn't have to scrub it at all, just spray it on and sprayed it off.

B10fd7f31b36109a4069315269aa6b6b

8a98a910b299a17fa78f027eeece0216

SIGNATURE:

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Awesome Cleaner. And bonus, its only a buck at dollar tree. I buy it by the gallon for like 3 bucks at dollar general and put it in my pump sprayer

View attachment 21107

I may have to give that a try if it's only a dollar! If I can't find it around here, you should try a superclean and see which one works better. Superclean is $8 per gallon.

So if this stuff is three dollars per gallon and I get four dollars a gallon from super clean after I cut it with water. Maybe I'm not spending too much. Is that right? Are you using this stuff straight or are you cutting it like I do the superclean?

SIGNATURE:

Reactions: moparornocar
advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I may have to give that a try if it's only a dollar! If I can't find it around here, you should try a superclean and see which one works better. Superclean is $8 per gallon.

So if this stuff is three dollars per gallon and I get four dollars a gallon from super clean after I cut it with water. Maybe I'm not spending too much. Is that right? Are you using this stuff straight or are you cutting it like I do the superclean?

SIGNATURE:

I use it straight on a wet surface. Light wipe with a rag and spray off

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I use it straight on a wet surface. Light wipe with a rag and spray off

Try that super clean some time. Rinse off heavy mud first then Spray super clean. Let it sit for a few minutes and spray off.

SIGNATURE:

Reactions: moparornocar
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
i took @joeymt33's word and tried the castrol super clean (my local walmart had it $20 for 2 galllon can) his pictures don't lie, its spray on and spray off hands free washing and very inexpensive.

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll 2nd the super clean.....I used it this past weekend. It's legit....no sponge and it's clean. I recommend diluting with water unless you spray off quickly. It spotted the casing of my sons Polaris 50 cause I didmt rinse it off quick enough....

Reactions: joeymt33
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 21107
Any idea if this stuff or the super clean for that matter will harm the camo graphics? I want to try it out but if it's going to kill my camo then I guess I'll have to try a different solution. Which sucks cuz this stuff seems like the way to go.

Reactions: JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Any idea if this stuff or the super clean for that matter will harm the camo graphics? I want to try it out but if it's going to kill my camo then I guess I'll have to try a different solution. Which sucks cuz this stuff seems like the way to go.

I would be very careful using these items on the camo. Maybe tested in a small place first

Signature:

QUOTE by Eltobgi, Honda...Strong enough for the Farm!...Dependable enough for everything else!

Reactions: JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!