What's the longest ride you've been on?

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I have a group I used to ride with that did that. Ride 1/4 mile, stop and drink beer. Ride a 1/4 mile, stop and smoke some weed. Not my style of riding. I'm like you, I like to cover ground. :cool:

Used to ride with? Whatever do you mean? You still ride with me... @russknight Lmao!

We have took some long ones, I'd say around 200 miles in a day or so for me. Got to have a deep cooler for that or a store stop planned in route.

Those are the best days though. Start out early in the woods when everything is waking up. Have a lunch picnic on a crappy pioneer tailgate. Then at the end of the day enjoy the sunset with no obstructed views. Can't wait until I retire!

I really need to start snapping some pictures of our rides. I cover lots of country enjoying beautiful scenery every time I ride.

@russknight How about our "secret" indian mound that we discussed on our first ride together? I still can't believe I have been passing by that thing for years and always wondered, then you cleared it all up for me. Added was the neat little story you told of it being in a hog pen. That just made my day!

If there is one thing I have learned from being a side by side owner is that it's just one other thing you have in common with whoever your riding with. You share common interests or you wouldn't be riding together in the first place.

Can't wait to do it again @russknight

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Used to ride with? Whatever do you mean? You still ride with me... @russknight Lmao!

We have took some long ones, I'd say around 200 miles in a day or so for me. Got to have a deep cooler for that or a store stop planned in route.

Those are the best days though. Start out early in the woods when everything is waking up. Have a lunch picnic on a crappy pioneer tailgate. Then at the end of the day enjoy the sunset with no obstructed views. Can't wait until I retire!

I really need to start snapping some pictures of our rides. I cover lots of country enjoying beautiful scenery every time I ride.

@russknight How about our "secret" indian mound that we discussed on our first ride together? I still can't believe I have been passing by that thing for years and always wondered, then you cleared it all up for me. Added was the neat little story you told of it being in a hog pen. That just made my day!

If there is one thing I have learned from being a side by side owner is that it's just one other thing you have in common with whoever your riding with. You share common interests or you wouldn't be riding together in the first place.

Can't wait to do it again @russknight

Thing is, y'all don't stop and drink..... lol!~~~~

We'll go again soon my friend.

Reactions: 906UP and JTW
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
November 2016 at Mena, AR
Day 1 - 62 miles, after 3 pm, across wolfen trail 1 to bee mountain and back, we were trucking!
Day 2 - 82 miles, wolfpen to fourche mountain and back
Day 3 - 52 miles Wolfpen to little missouri falls and some other trail around the falls
That was on my ACE 900!
I like stacking on the miles, but also stopping to see things!

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Epic ride after church today with @Brett002. Rode along the Suwannee River and wound up at Cherry Lake Florida (about 100 miles round trip). Brett has an uncanny way of finding the coolest routes to take. Thanks for the awesome ride today pal!

Reactions: 906UP and TripleB
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
3 day ride in Utah November 2018 (group of 8 cars)
day one 110 miles Hurricane to Mt. Carmel (East Gate Zion)
Day 2 - 125 Miles to Bar 10 Ranch by north gate Grand Canyon
Day 3 - 115 miles down to Colorado River and Back to Hurricane
350 miles in 3 days and spent one night in damn covered wagon in November

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Epic ride after church today with @Brett002. Rode along the Suwannee River and wound up at Cherry Lake Florida (about 100 miles round trip). Brett has an uncanny way of finding the coolest routes to take. Thanks for the awesome ride today pal!

Good times with good people @russknight can't wait to do it again. Next time we'll get an earlier start!

Reactions: 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Mine was 112 miles in one day, some of you may say big deal, to you I say, do it in a P5 then we will talk.
I think the most miles I got in one day in the Donkey was around 85. I did more than that in the [HASHTAG]#t1kx[/HASHTAG] on the first outing. :)

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
3 day ride in Utah November 2018 (group of 8 cars)
day one 110 miles Hurricane to Mt. Carmel (East Gate Zion)
Day 2 - 125 Miles to Bar 10 Ranch by north gate Grand Canyon
Day 3 - 115 miles down to Colorado River and Back to Hurricane
350 miles in 3 days and spent one night in damn covered wagon in November

That sounds awesome! Even the wagon hotel! My wife already said she IS NOT staying in a covered wagon!

Reactions: russknight
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
the wagon would not be bad in September, but got a little chilly in November. They had real showers, restrooms and food but all power went out at 10 so better have a flash light. It was on a FATCO (Family Adventure Tours) tour with a guide named Frank. We all had radios plus he would drop 3 washers with pink ribbons on a turn (one just before, one mid turn and one at end of turn) so everyone could tell where to turn without having to eat the dust to stay close. His dad ran clean up and had a magnet to pick up the washers. Good system as long as no one spun the washers out when they gassed it on a turn.

Biteme

Biteme

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2020
North West New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only time I set the trip odometer.... 67 miles on the Goldwater bombing range in Southern Arizona all the way to the border patrol trails along the Mexican border, loved every mile as I traveled with a group of jeep 4x4ers, 2 places where my SxS P1K5s was able to go that the jeeps could not go, scared my wife so bad she elected to walk instead of ride, jeeps could not follow. Been on some all day rides since but do not set trip odometer, having too much fun to care how far!!! Honda mileage phenomenal but wish had bigger fuel tank.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!