Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys.
I was concerned about overheating.
Probalbly go with the 3 seater, not 5. Will be used for trail riding.
Switching to Amsoil in my Rincon helped with heat. The fan runs less especially with 2 riders.
5 seater has higher resale value and full overhead protection especially when leaning against a tree. Once 3seater cage runs out, it’s your back sidewalls that’ll take a beating. Not to mention roll over protection. Heck it’s only the dog and me so we appreciate the 5 seater and many if not most members with a 3 seater wish they had bought a 5 seater. It’s easier to go from a 5 to a three than a 3 to a 5. If you just want three seats, then fold down the back seats. Having the option for an extra two is a no brainer.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
You're really not getting it.
Oh ok, be a jackass dude, I really don't care. There's an entire thread on the subject. Others have tried to help you understand and you don't care to. I'm not wasting my time. Clearly, ignorance is bliss. ✌

I'll send you a pillow for your sore ass and a book on manners.;)

Reactions: DDDonkey
J

JTW

I'll send you a pillow for your sore ass and a book on manners.;)
7DD59451 5C28 4D03 8E8B F1E537D8E27E

• Haha
Reactions: Mudwing and TimG
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tried to put mine in a krx and he bit me :p
LOL....two of mine treat the Pioneer like it is the dog catcher's personal assault vehicle, one I can't keep out of it. No dogs in the KRX cuz fancy smanchy seats. Seriously, my son really wants a KRX to go with his pioneer and his first question was where would my dog ride?

Reactions: TimG
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
LOL....two of mine treat the Pioneer like it is the dog catcher's personal assault vehicle, one I can't keep out of it. No dogs in the KRX cuz fancy smanchy seats. Seriously, my son really wants a KRX to go with his pioneer and his first question was where would my dog ride?

Yeah I can't get near my sxs without the dogs going crazy. They love to ride. We have talked about getting a sport sxs but I'd have to keep the Pioneer to haul them around for sure.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
advertisement
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
🤦‍♂️

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks guys.
I was concerned about overheating.
Probalbly go with the 3 seater, not 5. Will be used for trail riding.
Switching to Amsoil in my Rincon helped with heat. The fan runs less especially with 2 riders.
There is definitely noticeable reduction in power at those elevations, but only to those that have brought theirs up from 5 or 6 hundred feet as I have. If you buy it there and ride it there, you’ll notice nothing. It was so much a problem with my 700 that I brought up to those elevations that I sold it. If you ever go ride with the flatlanders you’ll see the difference. But you’ll be fine, I’ve got a 1000 up there.

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you fill up the back end of the pioneer there’s not room in it either. There’s room enough in my for my 4 and 12 year old to sit in the back...
Fortunately, we are past the kid stage. I have never used the back seats in our p10005. During the summer I put a spare in the back along with the requsite cargo box which is much bigger than the one in the KRX. That makes it tight. But the dogs can sit on the box. Winter time its just a cargo box in the back ,which is bigger than the KRX box, and the dogs sit on top of it, or on the middle seat, or in the back My son runs rear seats with two kids, his dog (a fairly large labradoodle) just sits in "her" seat, which is the middle front. My son also does run a BCF rear tire/cooler carrier rack. Which is awesome and makes more space. He actually met a BCF guy riding in Pitkin last summer and got to tell them how much he likes their stuff. While his pioneer doesnt over heat. Lol....talk about thread drift.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and TimG
J

JTW

Fortunately, we are past the kid stage. I have never used the back seats in our p10005. During the summer I put a spare in the back along with the requsite cargo box which is much bigger than the one in the KRX. That makes it tight. But the dogs can sit on the box. Winter time its just a cargo box in the back ,which is bigger than the KRX box, and the dogs sit on top of it, or on the middle seat, or in the back My son runs rear seats with two kids, his dog (a fairly large labradoodle) just sits in "her" seat, which is the middle front. My son also does run a BCF rear tire/cooler carrier rack. Which is awesome and makes more space. He actually met a BCF guy riding in Pitkin last summer and got to tell them how much he likes their stuff. While his pioneer doesnt over heat. Lol....talk about thread drift.
With the storage behind the seat and the tailgate box and needing less tools and extra stuff for this machine... it hasn’t been an issue. I know what you’re saying. But you just have to adapt your system to fit the machine.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and TimG
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With the storage behind the seat and the tailgate box and needing less tools and extra stuff for this machine... it hasn’t been an issue. I know what you’re saying. But you just have to adapt your system to fit the machine.
After living in the bush and off grid for well over 20 something years, with the parts store miles away across often miserable terrain , I tend to overcompensate tool and spare wise. I can't even imagine how those Alaska guys do it! At subzero winter temperatures, failure can mean death.....or a long walk through deep snow. Your talking with a guy that has solar and four back up gensets.:oops: Besides, my neighbors need someone they can depend on when they fail to plan! The behind the rear seat storage on the pioneer is admittedly puny. I have a towable cargo sled for our pioneer for just in case winter hauling needs.
The behind the seat space on the KRX is dedicated to two sets of Gortex bibbs and parkas as it will always be an open car. LOL....I was working one day along side the road coming down from Cumberland pass after a huge summer thunder and hail storm. Those long faces on the open car RZR owners who were soaked and covered with mud left an impression.

J

JTW

After living in the bush and off grid for well over 20 something years, with the parts store miles away across often miserable terrain , I tend to overcompensate tool and spare wise. I can't even imagine how those Alaska guys do it! At subzero winter temperatures, failure can mean death.....or a long walk through deep snow. Your talking with a guy that has solar and four back up gensets.:oops: Besides, my neighbors need someone they can depend on when they fail to plan! The behind the rear seat storage on the pioneer is admittedly puny. I have a towable cargo sled for our pioneer for just in case winter hauling needs.
The behind the seat space on the KRX is dedicated to two sets of Gortex bibbs and parkas as it will always be an open car. LOL....I was working one day along side the road coming down from Cumberland pass after a huge summer thunder and hail storm. Those long faces on the open car RZR owners who were soaked and covered with mud left an impression.
I understand completely... you’re talking to someone that has broken a lot of parts because they carried too much weight on their excursions.

I

ItsNotAJeep

Oct 28, 2019
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I get a 1000 it will live at high altitude, 8800 - 10,000 ft. Whats the issue with them? Not a cheap investment to have problems where I ride.

Had my '16 over 10k many times. I installed the factory Honda heater.....PITA install.....might have been worth it a few times but getting all the air out of the system proved to be a HUGE pain and took a long time and a few over-heating issues. That being said.....the only issue at altitude I've had was pushing fairly hard up Imogene from Ouray and it got warm but didn't overheat (Three people, three dogs, and a cooler with three six packs of beer......we weren't exactly loaded 'light'). I would've liked a lower gear when you get above the 10k mark but it still worked and when we blew past a 4seater polaris that was struggling I felt better about it!:)

IMG 0696 IMG 0853 IMG E0867

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!