Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I was at the Snowmobile Show in Novi MI today, Honda had a small display with a P1K5 & a couple dirtbikes. I talked to the rep for a few minutes, asked him about the Talon and he got the "deer in the headlights" look and tried to play dumb. I just laughed and kept walking.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I got to thinking about performance and expect well over 100 hp, the RZR 1000 has 110. The 44mm throttle bodies are big enough. New cams, injectors, 12 to 1 compression, and maybe a 9,000 rpm rev limit may be enough. The Pioneer is 8,000 rpm and 10 to 1 compression. If it requires 91 octane it could be around 130 hp.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Believe it. She wants cup holders and since she puts up with these long rides, I'm willing to compromise. You know what has cup holders she likes? Maverick 1000. I can make that sacrifice. :D
Here ya go perfect machine for Her. AC, Heat, heated seats, and O.M.G. cup holders for everyone. ;)

20181109 083253

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here ya go perfect machine for Her. AC, Heat, heated seats, and O.M.G. cup holders for everyone. ;)

View attachment 93356
Where I ride, there are few of those running around. And they seem pretty nice. Makes me mad that a company like that is even turning out new products that are seemingly better than Hondas. I'm not sure about long-term durability or anything with them, but they do have like a three or four year factory warranty...

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where I ride, there are few of those running around. And they seem pretty nice. Makes me mad that a company like that is even turning out new products that are seemingly better than Hondas. I'm not sure about long-term durability or anything with them, but they do have like a three or four year factory warranty...
I just want some good hard upper doors . I wouldn't trade my Honda for nothing it fits the family on the trails and the farm just perfect !!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Talked to my local dealer about the Honda talon. One of them went to the monster cup. Honda had a huge thing going on for dealer only that could ride the new dirt bikes and check out the sxs. Allegedly had a Honda talon their for dealer to look at. He was told two versions will be released. 60” trail and the more sportier. Both that we all have already seen. Also was allegedly told two engine options will be available in the sport. A new 1000 and a turboed 1000.......Will all be available at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Warranty... that’s funny. Not something I’d trust from any company! Honda with the extended warranty in place at only a few months old has failed us twice on something that was 100% their fault, a poor design and an assembly flaw, yet later came out with service bulletins to fix the problem. Yet we weren’t taken care of. If Honda won’t why would I trust a piss poor company with a s***ty product. Warranty is a joke. I’ll take my chances with Honda or Yami without believing in warranty, not buying a pos in hopes

Last edited:
J

JTW

Warranty... that’s funny. Not something I’d trust from any company! Honda with the extended warranty in place at only a few months old has failed us twice on something that was 100% their fault, a poor design and an assembly flaw, yet later came out with service bulletins to fix the problem. Yet we weren’t taken care of. If Honda won’t why would I trust a piss poor company with a s***ty product. Warranty is a joke. I’ll take my chances with Honda or Yami without believing in warranty
I concur.. I’m not a fan either!

Reactions: BWAF and Eltobgi
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Warranty... that’s funny. Not something I’d trust from any company! Honda with the extended warranty in place at only a few months old has failed us twice on something that was 100% their fault, a poor design and an assembly flaw, yet later came out with service bulletins to fix the problem. Yet we weren’t taken care of. If Honda won’t why would I trust a piss poor company with a s***ty product. Warranty is a joke. I’ll take my chances with Honda or Yami without believing in warranty, not buying a pos in hopes

K

kukini

Sep 5, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Speaking of cupholders, I hope Honda doesn't put them in an awkward place such as below the right knee like in the Wildcat trail/sport and Maverick trail/sport.

Reactions: Smitty335 and BWAF
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!