Talon Whats your Honda Talon wish list?

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you get Foxs for them?

I don't know about foxes, but with a msrp of only $11,295 (for the 5 seater) I believe you get some type of air adjustable shocks and 14" travel.

Oh, and the warranty is 4 years.

I didn't know they were a piss poor company or that their products were s***ty though lol.

I probably wouldn't ever buy one, but it just bugs me that (on paper at least) even this no name company can make a good product at a good price.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I will be surprised if Honda has a 1000cc turbo. It does make sense that the upscale model would have more HP. The RZR turbo has a 925cc engine and 168 hp. The Maverick engine is a 900cc and has 172 hp. The guys buy them to run them hard and belt drive may be the biggest complaint.

Reactions: BWAF
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I will be surprised if Honda has a 1000cc turbo. It does make sense that the upscale model would have more HP. The RZR turbo has a 925cc engine and 168 hp. The Maverick engine is a 900cc and has 172 hp. The guys buy them to run them hard and belt drive may be the biggest complaint.
Honda does have the 1.0 liter 3 cylinder 988cc V-tech engine in thier stable at 129 HP. That could get interesting with the other 3 cylinder competitors.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Variable valve timing or vtec is what the the current engine needs to have the bottom end for the DCT and make the HP numbers.
Problem being that Sxs doesn’t have the same standards as automotive for diagnosis. We see the Pioneer platform in shops for months trying to figure out little issues already.
I think it’s irresponsible to keep adding technology into off road based off of automotive, two different animals. They are creating a dealer only off road vehicle that gets charged 100/hr to fix without proper technicians and computer based help. Something simple could cost thousands to the consumer.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Problem being that Sxs doesn’t have the same standards as automotive for diagnosis. We see the Pioneer platform in shops for months trying to figure out little issues already.
I think it’s irresponsible to keep adding technology into off road based off of automotive, two different animals. They are creating a dealer only off road vehicle that gets charged 100/hr to fix without proper technicians and computer based help. Something simple could cost thousands to the consumer.
Variable timing or vtec is childsplay vs DCT. DCT is the only tech that is not common and simple to fix.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Variable timing or vtec is childsplay vs DCT. DCT is the only tech that is not common and simple to fix.
Dct is rough yes. Not necessarily talking just vvt, I’m well aware of what that is. As we add tech these get far more problematic and expensive especially with age

D

Deleted member 3748

Wonder if he had a robocock?
Giphy1

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Dct is rough yes. Not necessarily talking just vvt, I’m well aware of what that is. As we add tech these get far more problematic and expensive especially with age
This is was a good point. Powersports techs don't make nearly as much as auto...for traditionally good reasons. But that may have to change. I mean...the guy who couldn't even put the exhaust back together on my 700...am i really supposed to trust him to repair a DCT?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
This was my first thought about the i-4wd on the P1K limited....

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What about a honda rc51 crotch rocket engine... werent they v-twin with about 120 rear wheel hp? Maybe more torque and less rpm than a cbr 4 cylinder engine. I know those rc51s sure did sound awesome!

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm pretty sure these first models aren't going to be anything I'm really interested in, at least I'm not holding my breath. But I'm hoping that in about three years or so Honda may have caught up. It sounds almost impossible to do, but can-am kinda did that. Few years ago they really didn't have anything, and now they have the x3 and maverick sport with all different specialty models and options.

Or, I guess I could just get a wolverine rspec and throw bigger tires on with the factory gear reduction. That would be a machine that could go almost anywhere I think.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
What about a honda rc51 crotch rocket engine... werent they v-twin with about 120 rear wheel hp? Maybe more torque and less rpm than a cbr 4 cylinder engine. I know those rc51s sure did sound awesome!
They did sound great.

Reactions: BWAF
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Im hoping for a 4 seater sport that isnt long... sorry, should say dreaming... The more I ride WV the more i miss having something sporty

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!