P700 Wheel offset that will NOT widen stance????

dtaber8604

dtaber8604

Nov 20, 2015
OKC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello all! I am needing new tires so I am shopping for wheels as well. My biggest concern is that I am running a 5'x10' trailer (actually measures 62" wide). I know everyone is going to tell me to upgrade to a 6.5'x12' trailer but this one works well when I have to pull it with the Honda around the farm as opposed to the car hauler I also have. I am going up to a 26x11x14" (rear) & 26x9x14 (front) tire I also assume that some one is going to beat me up for running 14" wheels with tires less than 28"... I would like to pick yalls brain on an offset & wheel width that will NOT widen my stance. I appreciate yalls opinion!

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
In my opinion 14 is only way to go on these heavy bikes as far as wheels go im sure theres a inset wheel out there with narrow tire on front it shouldn't be to wide back is lil narrow anyway i run wide all the way around drives better to me and can rotate but im like 65.5 inches wide on front

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm away from my Pioneer. Are the OEM widths 11 and 9 inches? If so, measure them and stay with that offset.

BTW: Welcome dtaber. My experience has been that the folks on this site are not prone to over criticize or "beat you up". Every modification is personal. You might get someone's experienced opinion but most are just suggestions.

I've been on other forums where every idea is criticized by half the members and a simple question has lead to arguments. This forum is different. I'd gladly ride with anyone here.

Last edited:
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I'm away from my Pioneer. Are the OEM widths 11 and 9 inches? If so, measure them and stay with that offset.

BTW: Welcome dtaber. My experience has been that the folks on this site are not prone to over criticize or "beat you up". Every modification is personal. You might get someone's experienced opinion but most are just suggestions.

I've been on other forums where every idea is criticized by half the members and a simple question has lead to arguments. This forum is different. I'd gladly ride with anyone here.
R u talking about the stock wheels width or tires

dtaber8604

dtaber8604

Nov 20, 2015
OKC
Ownership

1. 700-4
The factory tire sizes are 25-8-12 & 25-10-12. I have a set of STI mud trax xl's (thus why I am going to a 26x14) from my old maverick that I am planning on using, trying to find a set of wheels with the same offset is becoming a chore...

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
The factory tire sizes are 25-8-12 & 25-10-12. I have a set of STI mud trax xl's (thus why I am going to a 26x14) from my old maverick that I am planning on using, trying to find a set of wheels with the same offset is becoming a chore...
I know a guy that can probably help u he works at a honda dealership in Laurel Mississippi 601 649 9333 ask for keith he knows his stuff

dtaber8604

dtaber8604

Nov 20, 2015
OKC
Ownership

1. 700-4
I know a guy that can probably help u he works at a honda dealership in Laurel Mississippi 601 649 9333 ask for keith he knows his stuff
Sounds good, I appreciate it!

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
R u talking about the stock wheels width or tires

The offset on a 9 inch rim will be something like 5+4 or 6+3. The numbers are the distance from center of rim to the bead and read "inner"+"outer". If you match the "outer" to your existing rims, your overall stance remains the same.

The factory rims are 8" and 10". I just don't know what the offset is. Let's say the fronts are 8" 5+3. Your new 9" rims would need to be 6+3. The point being to keep the "3" the same as factory. The back rims would be done the same way.

Hope I was able to explain that.

Reactions: Tflynn
dtaber8604

dtaber8604

Nov 20, 2015
OKC
Ownership

1. 700-4
The offset on a 9 inch rim will be something like 5+4 or 6+3. The numbers are the distance from center of rim to the bead and read "inner"+"outer". If you match the "outer" to your existing rims, your overall stance remains the same.

The factory rims are 8" and 10". I just don't know what the offset is. Let's say the fronts are 8" 5+3. Your new 9" rims would need to be 6+3. The point being to keep the "3" the same as factory. The back rims would be done the same way.

Hope I was able to explain that.
I appreciate that Gator. Makes sense now that you put it that way. I just need to measure or research the current outside offset is and make sure the new wheels match that number regardless of rim width/diameter.

Reactions: Gator

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!