Where is my gear position switch?

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello all! I am trying to install my backup horn kit wiring. I have a harness that is supposed to go between the gear position switch connector and harness. I'll be dipped if I can find anything that looks like the switch they are talking about. Can anyone post a picture of this switch and location? The instruction drawing I have does not really reflect my machine. It shows the passenger side rear area between the rear tire and cab. 2016 Pioneer 1000p3.

Appreciate any help.

FredD

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The alarm should just plug right in.
Seems there was a error with the instructions and it showes the P500. Look at the backup alarm mount instructions for the 1000.
I'm post the link here in a bit for you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The connector is hidden under the cross member above the rear of the motor in front of the rear shocks. Take any plastic off under the bed and it will be MUCH easier to find.

The switch is bottom of motor/sub trans at the back.

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Excellent! Your assistance is greatly appreciated! That instruction makes sense and the harness I bought certainly did not.

FredD

Reactions: swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!