ATV Which tires?

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
dealers just push what makes them the most
the cheap tires are normally short too, you have to pay for for a 26 or 25 for it to be that
itp and a few others are normally exactly or a little taller

Reactions: sharp
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I really liked my original Bighorns. Great riding tire that did well everywhere and wore like iron. Well...did well everywhere except my wallet: They seem to be pricey for what they are, but they are clearly a quality tire.

Like @Plumber32 i am a fan of the STI Black Diamond XTR's. Had them on my old foreman and my 700. Nice almost knobby tread (directional) with deep lugs. They seem to run small to me, so i'd run 25's on the Rancher.

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went the cheapest, simplest way I could.....I bought wheels and installed my bighorn 2.0 that I removed from my P1K5. They look a little ghetto in that size, but fit with no problem. It might have lost a little acceleration, but it gained a lot of ground clearance and traction compared to stock tires. 2014 Rancher manual shift with PS.

20180731 090304 20181125 124357

J

JTW

I went the cheapest, simplest way I could.....I bought wheels and installed my bighorn 2.0 that I removed from my P1K5. They look a little ghetto in that size, but fit with no problem. It might have lost a little acceleration, but it gained a lot of ground clearance and traction compared to stock tires. 2014 Rancher manual shift with PS.

View attachment 97663 View attachment 97664
Look’n dope dawg!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
@sugarray, have you ridden the ATV around much? Just noticed from your oil light thread that this is a Rancher AT? Seems like i remember a lot of people complaining about bogging with those and not backshifting, and even burned up centrifugal clutches. I think it came down to a software issue...and it sounds like you intend to go back with stock sized tires. Maybe thats a good plan with this machine?

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@sugarray, have you ridden the ATV around much? Just noticed from your oil light thread that this is a Rancher AT? Seems like i remember a lot of people complaining about bogging with those and not backshifting, and even burned up centrifugal clutches. I think it came down to a software issue...and it sounds like you intend to go back with stock sized tires. Maybe thats a good plan with this machine?

I haven't ridden it much at all. Just had the kids out on the road in our development just so they can start to get a feel for an ATV. I went with stock 24" tires. Seem great, just put them on yesterday. I need to get the front brakes set and then it'll be ready to ride.