P1000m5 Which windshield, hardcoat or glass?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I went through a gallon of washer fluid at Windrock , LOTS of mud and mud spray.

5f16b10a28527935e874863772390865
Ffe1ef0c52a12cba97485fa015dad964
Aec9b48901afa36867fbcb48925b0bac

My only complaint is heat in the summer, I'll probably get a split one for summer.
Love the switch for the Squatch. Lights

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Only buy glass....or you won't be happy
& in the end...you'll buy GLASS

J

Jack39

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 12, 2015
Wareham, MA (near cape cod)
I used the hard coat windshield and installed two 3" snap vents for fresh air. I have a second pair to install if I need them. I do wonder though, if a glass shop could cut 3" round holes in a glass windshield. That would be the best of both worlds.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since my earlier post in this thread I have changed my pre-order to glass. I'll put 3 good coats of Rainex on it and maybe find a place to hide a small squidgy for those days that look like Ohanacreeks picture above.:)

F

Five20too

Nov 14, 2015
When I got mine I got it with the split hardcoat windshield. My next day off I was going to take it down to the local glass shop and see if the guy could cut a piece in the same shape as the hard coat. I was either going to use the glass as an overlay or just replace the upper piece with the glass. That way I could have glass and a vented windshield. Does anyone see a problem with that?

blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
There is no such thing as scratch proof plastic, no matter what many manufacturers try to claim. I wish they had either a 2 piece or a folding glass windshield, but I won't downgrade to plastic for those features. When it gets hot I'll probably just remove it anyway since it's about a 5 minute job without help. Putting it back takes a bit longer though.

Reactions: Terminator
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Love the switch for the Squatch. Lights

I'll see his Squatch, switch and raise him a Zombie Targeting System, an FU Rear Light blinder , and a Burn Ya' Bastard for a super bright lightbar.

:D:p:cool::confused::eek::oops:

20160108 221047

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'll see his Squatch, switch and raise him a Zombie Targeting System, an FU Rear Light blinder , and a Burn Ya' Bastard for a super bright lightbar.

:D:p:cool::confused::eek::oops:

View attachment 10384
Missed that....my bad JACKAL
way kool...
waiting for the 6"spikes that come out of wheels
blades beer be double sided...
hahahaha.
Great Job

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I used the hard coat windshield and installed two 3" snap vents for fresh air. I have a second pair to install if I need them. I do wonder though, if a glass shop could cut 3" round holes in a glass windshield. That would be the best of both worlds.
I think there is enough air pouring in through the shifter slots that adding more vents may not change things too much. I have also noticed that the air blowing out of them is warm and feels good on a frosty evening. I may be singing a different tune in July

T

Terminator

Feb 24, 2016
manitoba Canada
I ordered the two piece hard coated yesterday, today I am going to change that order to the glass one, it sounds like it removes easily, I have the half wind screen but doesn't seem to do much. I only want it for real cold weather.

advertisement
P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have thought about doing something similar to this. Do you happen to have any pictures of your mods that you could share please?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!