BOX1

P1000m5 Who’s running the new Camso utv 4S1 tracks

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I’m thinking of tracks for my machine. Was going to buy a used set of Camoplast 4S but after talking to a salesman he was telling me of all the updates on the new Camso UTV 4SI tracks and they sound like they are a significant improvement over the Camoplast. Is anyone running these Camso tracks and how do you like them? Any modifications to machine needed? Any problems ? Also how hard are they to switch between tires and tracks? I have an LE and hope tracks wouldn’t cause a problem with the I4WD. Any tips on where to get the best pricing? So far I’ve got a quote from ATV Track systems. Sorry for all the questions ! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01
H

HondaTech

I'd be interested in how these would affect the i-4wd as well. I don't see it being too big a problem, tracks don't really slip though. They've been installed on Rangers before and they've got a awd system. Different set-up from the LE but principles are similar.

Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm running them on my 2016 1000-5 DLX. The machine is unstoppable ! I've done things that I would never dream of doing with a snowmobile. I have the newest 4SI tracks, the best deal was from my dealer, same price as the on-line guys but he installed them. Initial install is 4 to 5 hours to get everything adjusted and aligned, after that about an hour or so to swap out tracks to tires, so I'm told as I just got mine this fall. Can't tell about the i-4wd as I don't have it. I do run mine in regular 4wd, when I think I'm stuck I put it in lock and it's always pulled itself out. No mods, but I have heard a little rub on extreme angles, nothing to serious, and no damage so far.
20171225 150421

H

Hardwaterflyer

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2015
West Central Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Mattracks "E-Z" tracks, made in Minnesota, I used them on my P700-2. Not on the new P1000-5 Deluxe Camo yet. Not enough snow although I could be running them on the Lake. Tracks made the P700 almost unstoppable, really fun to use. I purchased factory direct. Tracks $4100. Installation Kit $640. Plus Gov. Dayton's share. Pictures in my "700" garage. Never any maintenance issues. All sealed bearings. Look them up on their web-site. First install about the same as "Bartman's" description. Easy after that.

K

Kalapos

Jan 19, 2017
CA
They work great. Came with good instructions. Jacks the height up quite a bit. It would take a lot to get stuck. Sucks in a lot of snow dust with a windshield installed. Gears everything down around 30%. Bought mine from my dealer in Canada who had the best price. $4800 CAD camso 4S1..A3bf3e186a703efe52462c190f66b56c

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01 and Bartman
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anybody plow with tracks? How's the set up? Looks like it would have to be a longer reach to get past the tracks.

Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody plow with tracks? How's the set up? Looks like it would have to be a longer reach to get past the tracks.

I don't have a plow on mine but I bet it would plow a lot ! The machine is almost unstoppable with tracks on it. The tracks stick out almost a foot beyond the front bumper, so I'm sure some kind of modification would have to be don to get the plow out further.

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@tr005 has Tracks. He may have some insight for you guys.
Sorry not a lot of help here yet, only ran them for a couple hours now pulling the grandkids around on a sled. They do reduce your speed a lot,25-30 mph tops. Was just looking at them today to see what it takes to get them off and it looks like an hour or so. Had the dealer put them on, included in price, cost about 5 thousand. Had them put on just before Xmas and now there’s no snow and thinking about taking them off.

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
C220E974 2ED9 42F4 A788 F7065CD06843
@tr005 has Tracks. He may have some insight for you guys.
Just took my tracks of tonight since we don’t have much snow. Took about a hour and a half. Front was easy, two bolts that clamp a bracket to the a-arms and the four lug nuts. Backs were a little more difficult. There’s a hooked bracket that fits over the a-arm and bolts thru the bottom of the arm and then your lugs. Wasn’t to bad for the first time. Of course when I got the fronts off I had to take it for a ride to see what it would do. Put it in 2 wheel lock and it got around pretty good.

H

Hardwaterflyer

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2015
West Central Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want to plow snow with tracks you will need the longer push tube otherwise you cannot angle the blade. I have the "Eagle Plow" snow plow setup and they have the longer pushtube available on their website I'm sure there are others as well.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
View attachment 62871
Just took my tracks of tonight since we don’t have much snow. Took about a hour and a half. Front was easy, two bolts that clamp a bracket to the a-arms and the four lug nuts. Backs were a little more difficult. There’s a hooked bracket that fits over the a-arm and bolts thru the bottom of the arm and then your lugs. Wasn’t to bad for the first time. Of course when I got the fronts off I had to take it for a ride to see what it would do. Put it in 2 wheel lock and it got around pretty good.

If you have A arm guards would you have to take them off to mount the brackets?

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
If you want to plow snow with tracks you will need the longer push tube otherwise you cannot angle the blade. I have the "Eagle Plow" snow plow setup and they have the longer pushtube available on their website I'm sure there are others as well.

I measured according to the specs Camso gives on their website and my Cycle Country plow should just clear angled by an inch,but actual real life it will be close. Thinking I could always modify the angle stop so not to angle quite all the way.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I bought a set of Camso utv4si tracks. They are On a Kawasaki terex. The sprockets are the right size and will fit according to a Camso dealer. He said I would have to buy front mounting brackets, $170 rear mounting brackets,$170 steering limiter$125 and 16 lugnuts $80. Is anyone willing to take a couple of pictures of the mounting brackets so I can see what all is involved? Also are these something that can be fabed up or am I better off just buying them? Thanks

Last edited:
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Thanks for the pics. I guess I’ll have to wait and see what the Terex brackets look like (haven’t picked them up yet)and how much they would have to be modified. Looks like I may be buying brackets tho!

Reactions: Lady01 and Josefe
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
View attachment 62871

Just looking at the installation instructions for the pioneer 1000-5. They say to cut back a portion of the rear step but looking at your pics yours doesn’t look like it been cut. I hope it’s not necessary. Don’t feel like cutting up
My new machine. Also is there anything special about the lug nuts they supply? Camso wants $80 for 16 nuts and the picture in the manual they look like ordinary open ended lug nuts. I can get 16- M12x1.5 lug nuts on e bay for $10. Thanks

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just looking at the installation instructions for the pioneer 1000-5. They say to cut back a portion of the rear step but looking at your pics yours doesn’t look like it been cut. I hope it’s not necessary. Don’t feel like cutting up
My new machine. Also is there anything special about the lug nuts they supply? Camso wants $80 for 16 nuts and the picture in the manual they look like ordinary open ended lug nuts. I can get 16- M12x1.5 lug nuts on e bay for $10. Thanks

I didn’t see where they cut anything on ours. Know nothing was rubbing. I’m not home right now but I think they were just regular nuts. Will check when I get home tonight and let you know.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!