P1000m5 Who’s running the new Camso utv 4S1 tracks

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got home and checked and yes they look like regular lug nuts. Also double checked and I can’t see anywhere that the rear step was trimmed.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Thanks for looking. I pick up the tracks tomorrow. The lug nuts that come with on the Terex are a different thread pitch so I can’t use them. Just seems $80 is high if they are regular nuts. I will order some from e -bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tr005
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Elkhunter
Stock lug nuts from a parts store are readily available if you do not want to wait on ebay.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Ok I’ll check them out. I have to go to Orileys tomorrow to pick up a part and I’ll check there

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just standard m12x1.5 lug nuts, don’t mention honda, or they might sell you ball seats vs 60 degree cone/taper

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Got my tracks just waiting on the pioneer mounting kit. Wish we had more snow now! Cafded4fa2fc94a985abbfe845f69778B2a4eaa05c0383260f3da259ab2b5c01

Reactions: tr005
D

doitsawmill

Nov 23, 2018
ontario canada
Ownership

1. 500
I’m thinking of tracks for my machine. Was going to buy a used set of Camoplast 4S but after talking to a salesman he was telling me of all the updates on the new Camso UTV 4SI tracks and they sound like they are a significant improvement over the Camoplast. Is anyone running these Camso tracks and how do you like them? Any modifications to machine needed? Any problems ? Also how hard are they to switch between tires and tracks? I have an LE and hope tracks wouldn’t cause a problem with the I4WD. Any tips on where to get the best pricing? So far I’ve got a quote from ATV Track systems. Sorry for all the questions ! Thanks.

I HAVE A SET OF UTV 4S1 ON MY PIONEER 500..HAVE HAD THEM FOR JUST OVER A YEAR ,RAN THEM 1 FULL WINTER. HAVE REPLACED 23 OF THE BIG BEARINGS IN WHEELS(6004) AND 10 OF THE SMALLER 6004,S.ALL FAILED BECAUSE WATER IS GETTING IN AT THE BACK WHERE THEY PUT THE MICKEY MOUSE WIPE SEAL.THEY DID GIVE ME NEW BEARINGS BUT I HAD TO INSTALL OR PAY DEALER 100 BUCKS AN HOUR. ALL BEARINGS ARE RUNNING SEALS SO EVEN IF YOU FOLLOW MANUAL AND SERVICE THEM GREASE NEVER GETS INTO THE ACTUAL BEARING .I AM RUNNING MY OWN TRIAL USING A DOUBLE LIP OIL SEAL LIKE THEY USE IN SNOWMOBILE CHAIN CASES,WHICH I HAVE NEVER FOUND WATER IN OVER ALL THE YEARS ...I TELLING THEM THEY HAVE A SERIOUS DESIGN FLAW BUT SO FAR NOTHING ...IF YOU DON'T MIND REPLACING BEARINGS YEARLY OR COMPLETELY DISMANTLING EVERY YEAR TO REPACK THEN THEY ARE GOOD TRACKS ..THEY DO LET YOU GO ANYWHERES YOU WANT FOR SURE ..

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 62871
Just took my tracks of tonight since we don’t have much snow. Took about a hour and a half. Front was easy, two bolts that clamp a bracket to the a-arms and the four lug nuts. Backs were a little more difficult. There’s a hooked bracket that fits over the a-arm and bolts thru the bottom of the arm and then your lugs. Wasn’t to bad for the first time. Of course when I got the fronts off I had to take it for a ride to see what it would do. Put it in 2 wheel lock and it got around pretty good.

I am putting my tracks on in the next week. You still like yours? Any tips/tricks after a year with them?

D

doitsawmill

Nov 23, 2018
ontario canada
Ownership

1. 500
I LIKE THE TRACKS A LOT IF THEY WOULD JUST FIX THE BEARING PROBLEM..YOU CAN LITERALLY GO PLACES YOU CAN'T GO ON FOOT ONCE THE SNOW GETS DEEP.THE ONE ISSUE I HAD INITIALLY WAS IN POWDER YOU JUST GET COVERED AS SNOW FLYS EVERY WHERE.I ALREADY HAD A WINDSHIELD AND ROOF SO I BOUGHT THE HONDA DOORS.WORK GREAT AND NO MORE SNOW ALL OVER INSIDE .TAKING TRACKS OFF I FIND IS EASIER THEN INSTALLING .OFF IN AN HOUR BUT 2 HOURS BACK ON AND WITH 2 PEOPLE THAT HAS BEEN MY EXPERIENCE. I MARKED ALL THE HOLES FOR THE WHEEL LUGS AS THERE ARE SO MANY OF THEM ON THE TRACK HUB WE HAD TROUBLE DECIDING WHICH ONES WERE THE RIGHT ONES THE FIRST TIME WE PUT TRACKS ON .. THEY HANDLE NICE ,STEER FAIRLY EASY AND WILL GO ANYWHERES .HAVEN'T BEEN STUCK YET BUT I HAVE WINCH FRONT AND REAR SO NO WORRY..I USE MINE FOR BREAKING TRAILS FOR DEER AND WILD TURKEYS ,GATHERING MAPLE SAP AND I JUST FINISHED BUILDING A SMALL LOG ARCH TO BRING OUT FIREWOOD LOGS IN WINTER SO THEY ARE CLEAN AND I CAN GO INTO PLACES THAT ARE NOT EASY TO GET TO WITH MY 4X4 TRACTOR .CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THAT OUT THIS WINTER ..

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am putting my tracks on in the next week. You still like yours? Any tips/tricks after a year with them?
What little we got to use them last year they were great. Haven’t put them on yet this year. Finally got some snow last night and was actually thinking about putting them back on today. As @doitsawmill stated above your gonna want the cab enclosed if your in any powder, it goes everywhere.

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the cab and just got the heater going. Pretty excited... mainly an ice fishing machine for me.

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I LIKE THE TRACKS A LOT IF THEY WOULD JUST FIX THE BEARING PROBLEM..YOU CAN LITERALLY GO PLACES YOU CAN'T GO ON FOOT ONCE THE SNOW GETS DEEP.THE ONE ISSUE I HAD INITIALLY WAS IN POWDER YOU JUST GET COVERED AS SNOW FLYS EVERY WHERE.I ALREADY HAD A WINDSHIELD AND ROOF SO I BOUGHT THE HONDA DOORS.WORK GREAT AND NO MORE SNOW ALL OVER INSIDE .TAKING TRACKS OFF I FIND IS EASIER THEN INSTALLING .OFF IN AN HOUR BUT 2 HOURS BACK ON AND WITH 2 PEOPLE THAT HAS BEEN MY EXPERIENCE. I MARKED ALL THE HOLES FOR THE WHEEL LUGS AS THERE ARE SO MANY OF THEM ON THE TRACK HUB WE HAD TROUBLE DECIDING WHICH ONES WERE THE RIGHT ONES THE FIRST TIME WE PUT TRACKS ON .. THEY HANDLE NICE ,STEER FAIRLY EASY AND WILL GO ANYWHERES .HAVEN'T BEEN STUCK YET BUT I HAVE WINCH FRONT AND REAR SO NO WORRY..I USE MINE FOR BREAKING TRAILS FOR DEER AND WILD TURKEYS ,GATHERING MAPLE SAP AND I JUST FINISHED BUILDING A SMALL LOG ARCH TO BRING OUT FIREWOOD LOGS IN WINTER SO THEY ARE CLEAN AND I CAN GO INTO PLACES THAT ARE NOT EASY TO GET TO WITH MY 4X4 TRACTOR .CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THAT OUT THIS WINTER ..

I have the 4x4 tractor too and hoping to leave that in the shed as much as possible. I don't like them in the snow ... unless you have chains.

T

Tincan

Oct 1, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They work great. Came with good instructions. Jacks the height up quite a bit. It would take a lot to get stuck. Sucks in a lot of snow dust with a windshield installed. Gears everything down around 30%. Bought mine from my dealer in Canada who had the best price. $4800 CAD camso 4S1..View attachment 62486

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I was thinking of going to tracks to make my sxs a year around machine and getting rid of one of my sleds. With a track system I would be worried about early bearing wear/tie rods, and are they hard on the transmission at all? Because of there would be more resistance than tires.

Just wanting to get you guys thoughts.

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is a good questions-- They are geared down quite a bit. GPS speed of 31 and speedo was 56 (ballpark) down a hard pack road. That was nearly wide open in high in 6th. I wouldn't use it daily like that but I did want to know what top speed was. Light gear and cruising across a lake with 1.5' of snow speedo was 40-45 (so probably mid 20's) and it felt good, responsive and not over working itself.

I can tell you they are a blast. Haul a ton of gear and people anywhere you want to go. Put in low and crawl around, up, down and nearly in and out of anything with no slipping.

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
.... did I mention heater on and tunes ?

T

Tincan

Oct 1, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good to know, I would be on mostly on unplowed roads up here so wouldn't be cruising to fast. I have the half windshield and no enclosed cab would there alot of snowblowing around in the cab. The wife would be real inspressed is there was.

Oh! another quick question.How wide is the machine with the tracks on?

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, get the soft cab and throw it on. Not the best fit but relatively cheap and good enough. Wrap your bars with foam insulation for a tighter fit. Machine measures exactly 72" wide.

Snow still sneaks in under the doors in powder and whirls around the machine. Honestly, not sure I'd suggest the snow riding (in powder) without a cab of some sort

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are a ton of machines on this site with cab options-- pro's/con's of stock or aftermarket and custom jobs. Get comfortable and start researching. About all you can know about the topic is on this site somewhere.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!