Who is good at finding rattles??

J

JTW

So I've got thus freak'n rattle that's driving me crazy!! I can't find the stupid thing! I've taken the floor board out and wrapped and zip tied everything I thought it could be and some things it could. Get everything buttoned back up and it's still there!!! Ahhhhh! I'm OCD about rattles and noises and such. It's bugging the s*** out of me! I hear it when you get into the throttle.. sounds like a loose heat shield rattling or a playing card in a bicycle spoke. But it appears to be coming from the fire wall area. I dunno.. but one of y'all is getting recruited to help search for it!

Reactions: Plumber32
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Don't know how good I am at finding rattles but i have taken the dang thing apart 10 times I can take a listen

Reactions: JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Did you wrap the bed latches and door latches in electrical tape?

(Delton) "I HATE light scratches too. Makes me think I left some fun on the table. So I go back out there and cover them up with deep scratches. Works every time lol."

J

JTW

Did you wrap the bed latches and door latches in electrical tape?

(Delton) "I HATE light scratches too. Makes me think I left some fun on the table. So I go back out there and cover them up with deep scratches. Works every time lol."
Yes.. it's not bed or doors. It's something else, somewhere

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes.. it's not bed or doors. It's something else, somewhere
Some body mentioned the rear seatbelts rattling. Also there is some small bar stock under the seat that runs towards the fire wall that are some kind of support. Mine rattled untill I zip tied them

J

JTW

Some body mentioned the rear seatbelts rattling. Also there is some small bar stock under the seat that runs towards the fire wall that are some kind of support. Mine rattled untill I zip tied them
Not the seat belts.. I taped and ziptied the s*** out of those supports you're speaking of. Still just a rattling away.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Will find it when we meet this weekend. We'll get somebody to ride back there and find it!

Reactions: sharp and JTW
J

JTW

Will find it when we meet this weekend. We'll get somebody to ride back there and find it!

We need a little skinny feller to just hang on and listen underneath!

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
So I've got thus freak'n rattle that's driving me crazy!! I can't find the stupid thing! I've taken the floor board out and wrapped and zip tied everything I thought it could be and some things it could. Get everything buttoned back up and it's still there!!! Ahhhhh! I'm OCD about rattles and noises and such. It's bugging the s*** out of me! I hear it when you get into the throttle.. sounds like a loose heat shield rattling or a playing card in a bicycle spoke. But it appears to be coming from the fire wall area. I dunno.. but one of y'all is getting recruited to help search for it!

Any Ford, Chevy, Dodge service department should be very experienced at rattles and squeaks :D

J

JTW

Any Ford, Chevy, Dodge service department should be very experienced at rattles and squeaks :D
Speaking of.. I've still got this damn rattle. Guess I should find it before warranty runs out. Hate for it to be in the motor. But surely I would have found it by now if it were. Lol.

Reactions: moparornocar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Speaking of.. I've still got this damn rattle. Guess I should find it before warranty runs out. Hate for it to be in the motor. But surely I would have found it by now if it were. Lol.
You're positive it's not the bed? Mine was horrible til I adjusted the latches. Sounded like the bottom of the machine would fall off.

J

JTW

You're positive it's not the bed? Mine was horrible til I adjusted the latches. Sounded like the bottom of the machine would fall off.
Lol.. it's not the bed. It's almost like a tick when under load or high rpm. Hard to describe really. Almost like a card in bike spokes.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol.. it's not the bed. It's almost like a tick when under load or high rpm. Hard to describe really. Almost like a card in bike spokes.
Check the oil in your subtrans. Mine was doing that, and I found it nearly bone dry.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!